Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inspiron 14-3452 Won't Load

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 meofcourse

meofcourse

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

My son's Inspiron 14-3452 won't load on start up. It just shows the Dell Logo and keeps recycling that logo without loading. I can get to the Support assist and it's stuck at 2 min 2 sec. None of the utilities are working and I don't have a recovery disk. I've hit f12 and f2 and made changes and nothing has worked. I've also hit the Fn key and that is getting stuck at 10 min 36 sec.

Edited by meofcourse, 24 July 2017 - 10:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

If you have no usb boot sticks or no boot DVDs from your backup / restore / clone program(s)

-- you have to use another computer to make a usb boot stick and/or a DVD boot in order to trouble-shoot the laptop.  I hope the laptop was set earlier to allow usb and/or DVD booting - makes things much easier.

Edited by RolandJS, 25 July 2017 - 12:03 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 meofcourse

meofcourse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Not sure his operating system. He isn't sure either. I gave Dell a call but they say it's out of warranty so they won't even talk to me without my credit card.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

Maybe consider you, your son, and his laptop trekking over to a local computer guru (individual or shop or store - as long as you get somebody who enjoys working with customers and not just merely selling products and services) who can walk you both through making usb boot sticks and DVD boots of your favorite utilities, the ones you're comfortable using.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 meofcourse

meofcourse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

Good suggestion, I have a couple small hole in the wall stores in Yucaipa where I live, I'll hit them up tomorrow. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users