Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Petsu007

Petsu007

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:57 PM

Help me plz.
I turned off system restore, becuase my c:/ disc has low space,
but now i need to get back in 1-2 days.
Is it possible?

tnx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:06 PM

Since you turned it off, there is no way that you can utilize that feature. Sorry...
If you let us know exactly what your problem is, someone might be able to help you.
JC

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:31 PM

You can turn it back on, but by turning it off you have deleted all previous restore points.
Turning it back on will set a restore point for the time you turned it back on, so if there is a problem now do not turn it back on until the problem is fixed.

What problem are you experiencing?

#4 Petsu007

Petsu007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:07 AM

All pc games lagg like hell.
Runned kaspersky antivirus, adware, spybot... Didn't find anything.
I can use programs and everything, but when i enter any fullscreen game, it laggs like hell.
reinstalling drivers didn't work.

Edited by Petsu007, 14 September 2006 - 11:53 AM.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:38 PM

There are several different approaches to correcting the lag problem. You can first, of course, change your screen resolution or (if available) change the game's options to "best performance." Secondly, you can make sure that you have killed any unneeded applications or processes that may be running (AV, Firewall if not on-line for the games, etc..). Third, clean out unneeded files and delete unused applications, then run checkdisk (scandisk) followed by defragging your computer.
I take it from what you wrote that this lagging is something of a recent occurance, and that you have ruled out malware as a cause; have you installed anything recently, or made any significant changes, that might have caused this?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:59 AM

Have you checked for malware?

#7 Petsu007

Petsu007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:38 AM

sry, but what's malware :thumbsup:
Lagg ain't my hardware problem
I didn't delete nothing, last day i played, next day it lagged :flowers:
Resolution and things won't work, cuz i've always played everything on 1024 and everything high, even oblivion and it doesn't lag.

Edited by Petsu007, 15 September 2006 - 08:05 AM.

#8 Petsu007

Petsu007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

Yea, i've done everything what was in malware topic and nothing worked :thumbsup:

Edited by Petsu007, 17 September 2006 - 10:44 AM.

#9 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

or

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/glossary/definition227.html
JC

#10 rubiconeye

rubiconeye

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

how much disk space have you left, and what is the size of your harddrive? your computer will choke if the harddrive is too full, did you follow jgweed's advice to get rid of unused apps and delete unneeded files?

good luck,

#11 Petsu007

Petsu007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

Y, i did everything what jgweed told me and still nothing.
Hard drive is only 40gb, and c./ has 300mb free space, but it has always been so.

I'll buy new hard drive and processor in october anyway, but some of us here can't wait till october...

Edited by Petsu007, 17 September 2006 - 03:11 PM.

#12 Petsu007

Petsu007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:20 AM

nobody doesn't know what to do anymore?

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:25 AM

Try running the free version of SiSoftSandra to see if it can identify any problems with the different areas of your system.

Diagnosing lag problems are difficult because they could be occurring anywhere - from the server that the games are hosted on, through your internet connection, through all the different systems on your PC.

What did you do in that 1 to 2 days that you wanted to go back to? That may give a clue as to what's causing the lag.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 Petsu007

Petsu007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:04 PM

What should i do with that program?

Edited by Petsu007, 18 September 2006 - 12:20 PM.

#15 rubiconeye

rubiconeye

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

hi, Petsu007,

how did you defrag your drive with so little free space, you normally need about 15% free for a decent defrag, seems like you have under 2% (unless my sums are wrong!)

i think you will have to free up some more space somehow, can you move data on to cd/dvd, at least temporarily to see if more free space helps.

also, if these are network games, can you try them on anohter computer, so you know that the fault is definately with your machine.

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users