Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Camople

Camople

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

Greetings,

I am not sure if this topic is repeated from the past, but I can't find them in this forum. So, I decided to post it and request for help on this issue. To me, it happens randomly, so I have no idea except seeing this BSOD related to WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It leads me to suspect the drivers' or hardware's' issues, so I went to the command prompt to check any problems in computer integrity. However, I found none and my computer is not in overclocked mode. I also found most drivers updated to latest ones. So, I think it leads me to the conclusion that one or several parts corrupted but I need to check with the support first before doing anything ahead. 

Here is my computer details and my computer is customized to be built from scratch.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/sdLhaLedbFMfrzKbWFwIyzQ

I hope that I get another help on BSOD. Last time was gone to the trash due to the unofficial key for my Windows 7. Now, I have an official key that I purchased from a site for Windows 10 which I downloaded from "Microsoft" (?) site.

Thanks,

Owner of Computer

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

Hello,

my name is Mihael and I'll try to remedy your situation.

Please start by following the instructions posted here: http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Screenshot the results for me, please, and we'll go from there :)

#3 Camople

Camople
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

Hi Michael,

I have no screenshots the results for memory or disk check since they are in BIOS setting. And, it is said to pass 100% with one Pass and no Fail. I am not sure about this since I read the info, saying that I need to wait until I get 3 Pass or more. However, the program said it is completed.

About stress testing, I may highlight this issue. Last year, when I had this computer built as a new one. I have this issue, and now it seems that I have the same issue, giving me this BSOD. Last year, I was playing Black Desert Online, and it crashed several times already, and that was when I made the first post before this post. I was told about the forgery key to the Windows then I bought the valid key for a new Windows. And, it seemed that I had no problem until now. I was playing Crysis 3 which I have set it in a standard setting. I would tone the graphics down a little but I want to deal with this issue since it could affect other kinds of stuff like surfing the internet and other games. 

Have any thoughts or suggestions about the solutions to this stress issue related to this BSOD?

Jenner Lin

#4 Camople

Camople
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:46 PM

Hello,

my name is Mihael and I'll try to remedy your situation.

Please start by following the instructions posted here: http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Screenshot the results for me, please, and we'll go from there :)

I think I may think about CPU or RAM due to Prime95 test. I was running blend test twice but it freezes my computer after one or two minutes but it doesn't cause BSOD. I am testing small scale test first to check for 24 hours....

For FurMark, GPU is running fine through 100% in 83 degrees as maximum as seen in the attachment. (Nvm, here is the link... the image I have in the attachment is too big to be uploaded...) https://gyazo.com/87f34694544a9dd03403b930a6993b3d

For Intel Processor Diagnostics, it is tested fine for all except for brand and genuine detail. I think it is due to different fan component I switched for the better cooling system.

Attached Files

Edited by Camople, 30 July 2017 - 11:48 PM.

#5 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:03 AM

Aha, so if I understood you correctly, the problem occurs during loads?

Have you paid attention to the temps while gaming for example?

I can see your GPU going up to 83 degrees Celsius. That is borderline acceptable. Were there any artifacts during the FurMark test?

Has the computer been cleaned of dust and the memory tested using Memtest86+?

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3909-test-ram-memtest86.html

#6 Camople

Camople
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

Aha, so if I understood you correctly, the problem occurs during loads?

Have you paid attention to the temps while gaming for example?

I can see your GPU going up to 83 degrees Celsius. That is borderline acceptable. Were there any artifacts during the FurMark test?

Has the computer been cleaned of dust and the memory tested using Memtest86+?

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3909-test-ram-memtest86.html

Yes, I have completed performing anti-malware test for a short time and memory tested using Memtest86+ overnight (8hours). No Errors but only one Pass? I understand that there should be more than one Pass but the Process is already 100%. Should I continue more time after 100% Process?

About artifacts in FurMark test, yes they do appear at those times for less than a second where the temperature dropped from 83 degrees. From this test, I can see seven times causing slight artifacts.

Latest update about Prime95, I was running small-scale FFT mode and it crashes, leading to the same BSOD. When I was last checking before BSOD, I noticed that CPU temp in the motherboard is running high to around 86 degrees. I also thought about faulty PSU but I think I estimate the amount of power it takes for my whole computer should be less than 1000W. I understand that the power demand is increased during loads due to temperature and power efficiency.

Is that the problem lie in the motherboard? CPU? or faulty PSU? (I am thinking to reverse my Windows OS back to Windows 7... Windows 10 seems to have problem with CPU.)

Attached Files

Edited by Camople, 31 July 2017 - 10:07 AM.

#7 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

Yes you should, but 8 hours should be fine for multiple passes, not for one. On my PC with 16GB, a single pass takes roughly an hour.

Could you take a screenshot of the artifacts? That could mean your GPU is about to die, but I cannot say anything with 100% certainty.

That motherboard temp really is abnormal, but if you have used software monitoring, it's normal because it is not reliable.

Which PSU do you have? A 1000W is way more than enough, however, with age its efficacy lowers, how old is the system and the PSU?

I see your GPU is from 2015, so that's not that old.

#8 Camople

Camople
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

Yes you should, but 8 hours should be fine for multiple passes, not for one. On my PC with 16GB, a single pass takes roughly an hour.

Could you take a screenshot of the artifacts? That could mean your GPU is about to die, but I cannot say anything with 100% certainty.

That motherboard temp really is abnormal, but if you have used software monitoring, it's normal because it is not reliable.

Which PSU do you have? A 1000W is way more than enough, however, with age its efficacy lowers, how old is the system and the PSU?

I see your GPU is from 2015, so that's not that old.

Well, I don't know about memtest86+, but it said 1 Pass and 0 Fail in 100% Process in 8 hours overnight. I will try it again tonight to see the results.

I am taking back the comment about motherboard CPU temp... I misread the info so it only mentioned the highest is 37 degrees C.

Artifacts in GPU... is really short for less than one second each before it repairs itself. I don't think it is dying.

All of my system parts are one year old since I bought them in same summer last year. PSU is EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2-1000-X...

What do you think about Prime95 in my previous post? I can't do the small scale test which leads to same BSOD.

EDIT: still the same... 8:45:00, only one Pass and no Errors. I will wait eight more hours to see if there are any errors appearing.

Edited by Camople, 01 August 2017 - 08:56 AM.

#9 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

This is really strange.

I know, I don't want to make any conclusions, that's why I asked you to provide me with a photo of the artifacts, but Memtest worries me.

CPU rarely dies, so this again leads me to believe that it might be bad RAM, what were the CPU temps at the time of the crash?

Could you take a screenshot or photograph the screen by a cell phone for me to see where Memtest86+ is stuck at?

#10 Camople

Camople
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

I may tell you the details about the BSOD before you make any conclusions...

Only one out of four things that make me suspicious of causing crashes is overheating issue. BSOD usually happens when I was playing the games requiring high graphics and power through the system such as Crysis 3 and BDO. It didn't occur when I was playing League of Legends in regular mode. After the BSOD happens, my computer appears often crashing before reaching to the login screen or pull up the Google Chrome with like ten tabs. These crashes make me think that my computer system is overheated. Only keeping the computer off for ten or twenty minutes will usually be operated without crashes but I can't run high graphics games since the computer will go BSOD once opening up (which I think faulty PSU issue.)

For MemTest86+, I don't know why it is running slow, slow, so SLOW!!! It takes like 5 to 8 hours to run the whole 32GB RAM in one cycle to make a PASS. You can look at my snapshots. I am skeptical about its speed since my computer is wired to the internet for about 5Mb/s. If you find anything wrong about this, let me know. I may edit and redo the test.

Latest update... I just found out that after restarting the system from MemTest86+, my computer crashes before reaching to login screen many times so I left my computer off for a while before turning it on.

If you think it is overheating issue, how do I resolve this? Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by Camople, 01 August 2017 - 09:03 PM.

#11 Camople

Camople
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

I may tell you the details about the BSOD before you make any conclusions...

Only one out of four things that make me suspicious of causing crashes is overheating issue. BSOD usually happens when I was playing the games requiring high graphics and power through the system such as Crysis 3 and BDO. It didn't occur when I was playing League of Legends in regular mode. After the BSOD happens, my computer appears often crashing before reaching to the login screen or pull up the Google Chrome with like ten tabs. These crashes make me think that my computer system is overheated. Only keeping the computer off for ten or twenty minutes will usually be operated without crashes but I can't run high graphics games since the computer will go BSOD once opening up (which I think faulty PSU issue.)

For MemTest86+, I don't know why it is running slow, slow, so SLOW!!! It takes like 5 to 8 hours to run the whole 32GB RAM in one cycle to make a PASS. You can look at my snapshots. I am skeptical about its speed since my computer is wired to the internet for about 5Mb/s. If you find anything wrong about this, let me know. I may edit and redo the test.

Latest update... I just found out that after restarting the system from MemTest86+, my computer crashes before reaching to login screen many times so I left my computer off for a while before turning it on.

If you think it is overheating issue, how do I resolve this? Thanks.

Another update after playing Crysis 3 for 3 minutes and several minutes before BSOD, here is HWMonitor snapshot. The temperatures for all are still below what FurMark has tested...

Attached Files

#12 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:36 PM

What was the last time you blew it out of dust?

The GPU temp is concerning, I have a 1080, and the temp is not that high even after two hour long gaming session with the fans on Auto.

Let's see:

Download this and run the tests at the settings you usually use while gaming, but monitor the temps and the screen.

https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition

#13 Camople

Camople
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:02 AM

One is high and another is extreme. Didn't cause crash or BSOD

Attached Files

Edited by Camople, 02 August 2017 - 12:03 AM.

#14 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

Please create a restore point and follow these instructions: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-crashes-kernel-debugging/29-driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-8-1-8-7-vista.html

#15 Camople

Camople
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

I have done this instruction... then what? After reboot, I have checked the command, and it mentions that it is on. How do I know that verifier is working for 24 hours as the instructions ask?

Another thing, I am suspecting that the new monitor (2560 x 1440) is probably too large for the GPU to handle in extreme graphics mode. I had smaller and OLD monitor from like more than 5 years ago, but it still causes crashes.

EDIT: Nvm, I find more instructions... I am running around for a whole day, but if no BSOD happens, I will jump into the game that causes BSOD to receive information.

Attached Files

Edited by Camople, 02 August 2017 - 10:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users