Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel xlsx file

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jeanrichard

jeanrichard

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Than I can more effectively recover xlsx file? Need to recover more data from corrupted xlsx files than auto restoration feature in Microsoft Excel can. A standard feature of data recovery restores only from the last automatic backup, but requires more advanced features for the recovery of xlsx file. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jeanrichard

jeanrichard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

Can I somehow solve this problem?

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

Do you still have a backup of this file from a backup made before this corruption took place, preferably on an external drive ?  This would be the simplest solution.

A possible alternative would be to RIGHT click on the file name in Windows/File Explorer and then click on 'Properties' then 'Versions' and see if any earlier versions exist on your system.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#4 BrianEvans17

BrianEvans17

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

Excel Repair Toolbox takes the text and data from the damaged docx, xlsx and pptx files when MS Office refuses to open the corresponding files. In an expanded mode the program can correct ZIP structure of these new files in the Office Open XML format. I use this excel repair tool in such cases. 

#5 jeanrichard

jeanrichard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

Thank you all for your advice! I'm appreciative for your responses and help. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users