Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Starts with black screen and mouse.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JoshL08

JoshL08

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

My computer is an Asus M32 Series. Has an AMD A10 Quad core with Radeon graphics. 3.7ghz processor, 1tb hard drive, and 8gb ddr3 ram which I expanded to 12gb by using an old ram card from my previous computer. Is roughly 2.5 or 3 years old.

I was on yesterday, a window popped up saying that a driver needed to be updated and I should restart. Not thinking much about it I closed my open windows and let it restart without paying much attention to what it was saying.

After that I got up and came back to a black screen with the mouse with the loading icon flashing on and off. I let this go for several hours assuming it was doing something.

After letting that go I hard reset it by holding the power button. On startup it goes past the initial screen and loads the same black screen I saw before. I tend to factory reset computers I have every few years anyways to keep them tidy and this one is overdue.

After attempting everything I know how to do nothing seems to work. Both reset options fail and return nothing changed. Scans and diagnostics fail and either say nothing is wrong or something went wrong and the scan failed. I also attempted to back it up to a previous date but it says there are no backups detected.

It doesn't have other boot options in the uefi bios. Which is also an interface I'm not familiar with. The sole thing I have not tried yet is creating a system restore disc using my wife's laptop.

This is the first time I've had to really look elsewhere for pc assistance as usually I can find a solution or figure it out.

I can provide additional information as needed. I'm just lost on where to go next. First time I've had any issue at all with this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhagerjohns

dhagerjohns

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

Find out how to boot to safe mode with your computer, and open device manager, select your video card, and roll back driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users