Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to check for Intel Atom 'Clover Trail' processor?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bcmo

bcmo

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

Is there any way to check one's PC to see if they have a Intel Atom 'Clover Trail' processor which won't be supported my Microsoft anymore?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:54 PM

Is there any way to check one's PC to see if they have a Intel Atom 'Clover Trail' processor which won't be supported my Microsoft anymore?

Have a Look ! at CPU-Z   http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Just dload your version 32/64 and run it , the info you need should be shown.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,102 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:56 PM

Using Speccy,  PDF Format 

The snapshot tells you the processor and processor family.

It's not exactly accurate to say that it's not supported.  There will just be no additional feature updates to Windows 10 beyond Version 1607 for this family of processor (unless Intel steps up and says it's going to extend support for the firmware, etc.).  Microsoft has already announced that Windows 10 users on that family of processor will continue to receive security updates through January 2023, the end of support date for Windows 8.1, since any Windows 10 machines with that processor started out with Windows 8/8.1.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 bcmo

bcmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Thank you.

I assume if it's a 6th generation Skylake it can't also be a Atom Clover Trail?

Edited by bcmo, 23 July 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,102 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

Since 6th generation Skylake wasn't introduced until 2015 and Clover Trail was 2012, and you have an Intel Core (but not sure what number) processor, which is not an Atom processor, the answer to your question is yes.

These two architectures have nothing in common other than coming from Intel (at least as far as I'm concerned - someone will surely argue that they do).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#6 bcmo

bcmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

Thank you.

Since 6th generation Skylake wasn't introduced until 2015 and Clover Trail was 2012, and you have an Intel Core (but not sure what number) processor...

i5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users