Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Picture explains my problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MasterMatt209

MasterMatt209

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:55 PM

So I started my computer today and for some reason it was in high contrast mode so I fixed that. But now this is how my file explorer looks why? and in google chrome the address bar is black with white letters someone help me fix this.

Attached Files

Edited by MasterMatt209, 22 July 2017 - 10:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MasterMatt209

MasterMatt209
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

I guess my image didn't upload..Can anyone help me get it on here?

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,102 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

Did you hit the "More Reply Options" button at the bottom right and then use the "Attach" button to attach an image?

The image button shown to the right of the text formatting buttons is only for specifying the URL of an image that's hosted elsewhere.  If you want to upload your own and they're not already hosted somewhere that you have the image URL then you need to use Attach when the "More Reply Options" are shown.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 MasterMatt209

MasterMatt209
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

Picture!

Did you hit the "More Reply Options" button at the bottom right and then use the "Attach" button to attach an image?

The image button shown to the right of the text formatting buttons is only for specifying the URL of an image that's hosted elsewhere.  If you want to upload your own and they're not already hosted somewhere that you have the image URL then you need to use Attach when the "More Reply Options" are shown.

Attached Files

Edited by MasterMatt209, 22 July 2017 - 11:01 PM.

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,851 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

MasterMatt209, Were you aware that you know have the Creators Update.  Sometimes this will wreak havoc on settings.  As of now, don't know what to tell you about File Explorer and Chrome.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,102 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

Are you using a theme of any sort?   Based on what I can see poking through in the background it appears you may be.

I would try changing themes and then changing back to the one you want.  I would not be surprised if the one you want then maintains the color scheme of the one you don't for the items you've reported.

This looks like the theme is not going through and changing all the various settings back to what they should be after they've been changed by something else, such as turning on high-contrast settings.

Either that or start playing with the Personalization settings to see if you can undo it or try applying a theme (you can download them from the Windows Store) to see if that will do the trick.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

~ Austin O'Malley

#7 MasterMatt209

MasterMatt209
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

MasterMatt209, Were you aware that you know have the Creators Update.  Sometimes this will wreak havoc on settings.  As of now, don't know what to tell you about File Explorer and Chrome.

Yes i dohave the update i didnt know it would screw it up

#8 MasterMatt209

MasterMatt209
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

Are you using a theme of any sort?   Based on what I can see poking through in the background it appears you may be.

I would try changing themes and then changing back to the one you want.  I would not be surprised if the one you want then maintains the color scheme of the one you don't for the items you've reported.

This looks like the theme is not going through and changing all the various settings back to what they should be after they've been changed by something else, such as turning on high-contrast settings.

Either that or start playing with the Personalization settings to see if you can undo it or try applying a theme (you can download them from the Windows Store) to see if that will do the trick.

I'm using a theme i guess but all I have done is add a background really and there was no problem before. Any idea why i cant see my folder names on the left side until i go over them?

#9 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,102 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

It is highly unlikely that Version 1703 has even the slightest thing to do with your issue unless it occurred immediately after the update was installed.

I have not seen a single report of Version 1703 changing colors for specific programs so if this occurred when you restarted after the update was applied you would be the first (for me) and you should report it via the Feedback Hub.

~ Austin O'Malley

#10 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,102 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Your colors have been weirdly reset in some way.  That is why I am suggesting you try a different theme, whether from the theme store or a standard Microsoft theme.

You also need to double check that nothing has been somehow left on in the Ease of Access Settings, High Contrast Pane.  Also check if "Invert Colors" is on in the Magnifier Pane.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users