Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is faulty GPU able to damage PCIE?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VortaL

VortaL

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:41 AM

The RX480 from ASUS worked on one MOBO month, then I saw "NoSignal" on the monitor, so I bought a new MOBO. Week worked and it was the same, the city service found a defect in the PCIE slot (for both MOBO) by faulty GPU.

Another problem on the second MOBO (GIGABYTE B250M) was that when the computer restarted, there was no image on the monitor. The integrated Intel HD630 all worked fine. I sent GPU to RMA and got a refund, is it possible for GPU to damage PCIE? In the city service, they said that other properly working GPUs have not worked on this PC since the NoSignal appeared on the RX480.

(Google Translate, sorry)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VortaL

VortaL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

ref.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

Yes, it is possible of any plugin board to damage the board it plugs into and draws power from.

#4 VortaL

VortaL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

brand new 1060 - same problem, no signal. (PCIE was repaired)

Edited by VortaL, 28 July 2017 - 06:02 AM.

#5 VortaL

VortaL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:52 AM

i buy 4'rd mobo, same problem - no signal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users