Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Lost Data Recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Threesom666

Threesom666

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:40 AM

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Friend gave me a thumb drive sandisk I think blocked with tons of viruses on it and unable to format. I have read several articles that you can unblock a usb and format it. Seems I didnt save any of the infos. or remember the programs. What are the best programs to unblock the drive and format it like new?

Sandisk Edge- 4Gb

Seems like one of my usb hubs cant read the drive right. So I had a thumb drive I was trying to connect and it wouldnt read it right so I kept moving it to get to work. I did it too much and an electric spark came out of it and then it wouldnt read it right. It would come back raw. Since it was raw and I couldnt chkdsk or fix it. I unknownly thought if I could switch from raw to its normal Nfts it would bring it back to normal. THat usb was durable. It had gone through a lot and never lost any info. So once I read online how to switch it I didnt know that switching would format it. It didnt even prompt me. It just did it and I was happy it working again but all my info. was gone. Whats worst is that no matter what program I try to use to read its past information nothing comes up. Blank as if it was new. Ive read that some programs work better than others also depending on the situation. Of course I would rather recover the drive how it was but if I have to use a recovery software is no big deal. Preferably one that would bring my folders/ files back in tact. I havent added anything to the thumb knowing its best not to.

Edited by hamluis, 22 July 2017 - 05:27 AM.
Moved from External Hardware to Disk Management - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

There are a couple of horribly expensive options, however, I don't believe the success rate is high at all, rather really low.

https://www.diskinternals.com/ is one of the very few that seems to be the best or next best at flash drive recoveries.

If memory serves me, flash drive "MFTs" is not anywhere near platter-driven hard-drive MFTs.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users