Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible to change the os and flash the bios (or the equvialent)?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TOMIS13LACK

TOMIS13LACK

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

I have an alcatel onetouch tracfone. It seems to be quite the challenge to root or change the os. I haven't found a way to flash the bios or anything either, which would help immensely. Anyone know any way to do this?

ooh, i have a signature

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:51 PM

Try KingoRoot and KingRoot. Both are relatively successful, easy, one-click methods of rooting.:thumbup2:

#3 TOMIS13LACK

TOMIS13LACK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

I've tried kingoroot many times both on the phone and pc. It was usually unsuccessful and the few times it was successful (or at least said it was) the app said it 'needed the latest version.' I'm pretty sure it just isn't rooting properly.

ooh, i have a signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users