Hello everyone, I've been having a ton of problems with my computer for the better part of a year. No matter what GPU I have installed (used to have an r9 390) I get input lag in all games until reinstalling my GPU drivers. After restarting later on in the day all the sudden the input lag is back; again until reinstalling the drivers.
I really hope someone can help me, I haven't been able to play Overwatch properly for a long time and I'm on a semi-pro team. I've replaced my motherboard, GPU, SSD, and memory so far. I've tried running in selective startup, and pretty much anything I could think of. If you need more details please let me know I'm hoping to get this resolved as quickly as possible before my next team's practice.
Asus Maxiumus IX Hero
(Used to have an Asus z170-a)
Nvidia EVGA 1080 ti (I've installed different drivers that all result in the same input lag upon restart, using DDU)
Samsung 950 Pro (with latest NVME drivers)
GSKILL 3200 16gb x 2
Intel 6700k @ 4.0
Kraken x61 with CAM software
Note: I've contacted Blizzard a lot and they keep telling me my computer looks fine based on my msinfo/dxdiag. However I think I'm missing something. It only ever operates properly upon reinstalling the GPU drivers whether its the 1080 ti or the r9 390. I've suspected it might have something to do with my M.2 drive as well since the issues only return upon restart. No matter how much lag, I always have 200-300 fps (in overwatch, but other games as well).
Something important to note is the input lag seems to persist no matter what game I play. Feels like I'm dragging my cursor through mud is the way I would describe it. If you need more details please feel free to request it. I'm new to the site so any help would be amazing. I've deployed the following solutions so far:
- Replaced the motherboard, GPU, and memory
- Disabled game DVR
- Disabled Intel Speedstep
- Disabled Fast Boot in both BIOS and Windows
- Enabled Maximum Performance plan in windows (also disabled put hd to sleep)
- Disabled all AsMedia controllers in the BIOS
- Wiped the computer multiple times (windows 10)
- Disabled Cortana
- Disabled Windows Update
- Nvidia maximum performance enabled (as well as max pre-rendered set to 1)
- Installed NVME drivers (2.2) as well as Samsung Magician with latest firmware on the drive
- Monitored all temperatures and they're all well within the regular range
- And a lot more I can't remember anymore...
Hopefully this gives you guys enough info! If not make please don't hesitate to ask me for anything. I'm looking to solve the issue as quickly as I can (as having the issue for a year has left me frustrated).
Edited by veiledflame, 21 July 2017 - 12:30 PM.