Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing white border around a circular image - how?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mwddrwg

mwddrwg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Hi,

First time poster - please be kind :)

I have an image which I need to edit but not sure how. Have been trying to use paint.net with not much luck.

I need this badge without the white border, just the central circular image. Does anyone have any advice please on how to do it? I need to use the badge in Publisher when edited.

Many thanks

Geraint

Sorry, not sure how to attach the actual image!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mwddrwg

mwddrwg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

I think I can share the image with this link:

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/mwddrwg/newbadge2017_zpsiusbnstl.jpg

#3 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Hi mwddrwg!  :welcome: to BleepingComputer (BC) I think you'll find your fellow members to be really kind and will do their best to help with questions!

Let's see if either of these pictures will work for you (same picture, two different sizes)

1474386537_caernarfon-town-f.c.png       1474386537_caernarfon-town-f.c.png

Some details: The picture of the logo above appears to have already been cropped, thus it's not as clear as the official logo from the official website: https://www.clubwebsite.com/caernarfontown/News/view/939020 If you right click on the official logo, copy image address and paste it in a new tab (or window) you'll see a checker board pattern in the background which is "transparent" then notice there is the white border surrounding the actual logo (the border you would like to get rid of).

Here's the tricky part about that white border: I experimented in Photoshop attempting to remove it and it appears that the logo, including the border was created in Photoshop, which did not allow me to remove the white background as being transparent. You'll find that BC members support one another, thus there's a strong chance a member with greater experience in Photoshop (or other editing software) will come along and produce a miracle if the pictures above will not fulfil your need.

No doubt you have already experienced that although there are a lot of picture editing opportunities available, there sure isn't an easy fix to edit a "round" logo with a square border!! 

Now then, I have never used Publisher, I do not know what you would need to embed a picture, or what size you are seeking. 

Here are the direct links for the two pictures above if they will help you.

150x112 = https://s14.postimg.org/9ytp1q6wx/1474386537_caernarfon-town-f.c.png

320x240 = https://s9.postimg.org/yqbasasf3/1474386537_caernarfon-town-f.c.png

Please let us know your progress and reach out for anything else!

Regards,

softeyes

#4 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

Ahhh good old Publisher! You should be able to do everything directly from within Publisher - ie: 'insert' the original image and then 'format picture' to the chosen shape and size etc. Hopefully this tutorial will answer a few questions.

Cheers  :)

#5 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

@mwddrwg, using the picture you provided in your link, have you attempted to save it, then use the insert tab/ pictures to embed it in a Publisher page? I have done so and the white border disappears around the logo once you click away from it:

testlogo.png

Try to insert your picture, then do a print preview and there should not be a white border.  Let us know!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users