Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System is responding very slow after fixing blue screen.. Am i infected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rnallamilli

rnallamilli

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:47 AM

Hi,

i am on Windows 10, 64 bit. 3 days back i got a blue screen and windows 10 recovery automatically fixed the problem but since then the response time is very slow and its taking a long time to open app or browser. Some times, i am getting a message that page cannot be displayed even though those are active an used regularly. Am i infected? Please help.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JoshRoss

JoshRoss

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:19 AM

Are you infected? Noone can be confident about that. Do you have fast boot on? If so, disabled it, it can cause some launch issues. Afterward, restart your PC and check if the problem is solved, if no, continue to the information below.

How is your Task Manager doing? Do you see any increased CPU or RAM activity that you shouldn't? Maybe your disk is at 100% load? Check these issues, if you identify programs that cause the load, try killing them.

What are your PC specs? Are you running any 3rd party anti-virus solutions that could be putting a load on your system? Do you have a lot of background applications? How many pages are you opening at a time?

First be sure that it is not hardware or system load problem, then we can continue to infection solving.

If you are worried that you are infected, do the following steps.

1. Download and run RKill, to kill any malicious services (Sometimes it can cause issues with Windows 10, if it doesn't work, skip this step)

2. Check your installed programs. If there are some that are recently installed and you do not recognize, remove them.

3. Do a full scan with antivirus of your choice or just use Windows Defender, it works fine.

4. Do a scan with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro, should clean up any malicious software. If you are really worried, you can also scan with Zemana and ADWCleaner

5. Install and run CCleaner, to clean up your registries and cached files. 

That should be it malware wise. You could also do all of the steps in Windows "Safe mode with networking", that is the most optimal solution.

With that said, it could be that your hardware is dying as well, RAM, CPU, GPU, Motherboard (rare cases). That could have caused the BSOD since I do not know the error message, I can help you in full detail. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users