Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pr. update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 the5chumach3r

the5chumach3r

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

I have a pr update shortcut on the desktop.  I can't the program in the Control -> Programs area...I right clicked the shortcut and opened the file location and its in the Program files (x86) and it has an Uninstaller.  When I click on that Windows 10 asks me How I want to open this?  and it offer Paint. (lol)

Like I said I have windows 10, I don't know what or where this is/came from and would love some assistance.  

thank you in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pimptech

Pimptech

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:37 AM

I have a pr update shortcut on the desktop.  I can't the program in the Control -> Programs area...I right clicked the shortcut and opened the file location and its in the Program files (x86) and it has an Uninstaller.  When I click on that Windows 10 asks me How I want to open this?  and it offer Paint. (lol)

Like I said I have windows 10, I don't know what or where this is/came from and would love some assistance.  

thank you in advance

First of all since you don't know where it came of. Let's begin scanning your computer for any infections.

Download and run these tools:

Wide scan to make sure it's nothing malicious installed on your machine.

Beside that you must keep all your programs updated. 

Regards.

#3 JoshRoss

JoshRoss

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:28 AM

Additionally, you could install RKill, to kill any malicious services. Afterward, do the cleanup steps by Pimptech. Do a full scan with antivirus of your choice and it should be clean. If you still have doubts, you can do all of these steps in Windows "Safe mode with networking" for maximum efficiency.

#4 the5chumach3r

the5chumach3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

I installed MBAM and ran it. It found and removed 3900 PUP. I rebooted and my son got on to play minecraft over night. I woke up to a white screen. I've rebooted, I've unplugged and rebooted, I get to the windows 10 sign in screen, sign in and after a time the screen goes black.
I tried to log into my daughters acct on this pic, but her administration level prevents me from running programs, I can't even get the Start button to work.

I've included pics of some of the pop ups I've been getting. Error messages. Any help would be appreciated.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

Solution :

1. Teach your son that playing games and mindlessly clicking on all that he sees is not the way to use a PC. He must learn to practise safe surfing/gaming. (otherwise...ban him from the PC.)

2.Open a fresh topic     HERE

Start at step 6

If you are able to post the logs which are requested....do so.

If not able, simply explain that you are unable to do so.

Do not add to the new post until you are answered by one of the experts there.

Good luck. (with the topic and your son !)

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Pimptech

Pimptech

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

I installed MBAM and ran it. It found and removed 3900 PUP. I rebooted and my son got on to play minecraft over night. I woke up to a white screen. I've rebooted, I've unplugged and rebooted, I get to the windows 10 sign in screen, sign in and after a time the screen goes black.
I tried to log into my daughters acct on this pic, but her administration level prevents me from running programs, I can't even get the Start button to work.

I've included pics of some of the pop ups I've been getting. Error messages. Any help would be appreciated.

If you choose to post a topic for the Malware removal Team, then ok.

If you don't, then you must try to repair your windows installation. If you don't know how to do so:

After theses steps with you Windows 10 Media, your windows should run fine and finish the security tools running.

If it doesn't, then you must post on the topic, they can help you better.

And you must teach your son surfing on the web. There is a lot of programs to kids for surfing.

He download and execute anything that is on the web.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users