Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

R.I.P., Chester Bennington

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:42 PM

chesterbennington.jpg

Rest in peace, Chester Bennington!

I was never much of a fan of Linkin Park. However, I do like and oftentimes listen, and enjoy some of their songs. Quite strangely, I personally remember them with the 'Emo' years, when this movement was quite popular (c.2006). :lmao: For me those days were good and I have fond memories of that period. Most vividly, I recall my edgy ~11 year old self, listening to some of Linkin Park's tracks on the way to school, recorded directly off of TV onto the 41MB of memory on my Sony Ericsson K700i. After the song "In the End" by Linkin Park finished, next on the playlist was, as quite a dramatic shift in style, "Axel F - Crazy Frog". :lmao: Good times! :)

It is weird to think how one of the first times I seriously thought about learning English was around that period and here I am now, almost 22 years old, wishing farewell to the lead singer of Linkin Park. Ironically, I didn't need to know English in order to understand the message of his lyrics - he managed to sing them with deep enough emotion, making them touching and understandable.

Rest in peace, Chester.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lexipad

lexipad

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

We just lost a great singer. RIP

#3 Anon.

Anon.

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:42 AM

Just shell-shocked to hear the news. 

R.I.P. Chester Bennington.

#4 techghost

techghost

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

He was a rare talent. Inspired many but ended up badly. I wish he finds peace. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users