Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Editing and Conversion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bussey21

bussey21

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

Hi,

I am working on a research study, and need a software which can both convert video from MP4 to AVI, and edit separate tracks into one file.  I have two concurrent (i.e. same footage from different angles) video feeds and 1 audio track which I would like to all play in synch, but at the very least I need to be able to overlay the audio track with one of the video files.

The closest I have found is Nero, which offers both editing and conversion softwares, though not together.  This is a time-sensitive study, and so I need as few steps as possible.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,194 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

i use lightworks free version, i have made many videos with it

you need to create an account with your email, but everything is free

https://www.lwks.com/

Edited by mikey11, 20 July 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#3 bussey21

bussey21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

Thanks.  From what I can find, Lightworks Free version doesn't export to AVI format.  Is there a way to do so?

Unfortunately I have to go through administrative approval to download any software, so I don't have the luxury of just trying these myself 

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,194 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

Thanks.  From what I can find, Lightworks Free version doesn't export to AVI format.  Is there a way to do so?

Unfortunately I have to go through administrative approval to download any software, so I don't have the luxury of just trying these myself 

im not sure....i always use mp4...why do you need avi format?

Edited by mikey11, 20 July 2017 - 04:07 PM.

#5 bussey21

bussey21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

The videos are being pulled in MP4 from the source but my coding software requires AVI

#6 bussey21

bussey21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

You know what?  I'm an idiot.  I assumed since I was coding on PC that I would need to convert from mp4, but it plays just fine.  That being the case, I think Lightworks will be perfect.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers

#7 Cotna roe

Cotna roe

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

You know what?  I'm an idiot.  I assumed since I was coding on PC that I would need to convert from mp4, but it plays just fine.  That being the case, I think Lightworks will be perfect.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers

Hi, you might use the ApowerEdit with simple steps to solve this problem. As a professional  video  editor, it has different tracks such as video track, audio track, image track, etc. You can use video track to edit different videos into one file. Then you  can export video to AVI and many other  formats. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users