Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 in Win 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jvmsl4

jvmsl4

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

I have win 10 (up to date). I don't know if this is coincidental or not but I was experimenting with a new browser other than Firefox (my default) and unchecked it as the default browser. I have been using Outlook 2003 for email since 2003. I always liked this program and win 10 seemed to have accepted it and I have been using it for two yrs on win 10. While still able to send and receive mail using Outlook, the ability to click on an internet link in email has stopped. When I click on a link I get "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. See administrator". In win 10 settings. When I select default email as Outlook it does not accept the choice. There is no error message but the selection is not accepted. I have installed another email program which works ok but I like and would like to use Outlook 2003 for email. Can this issue be solved?

Edited by hamluis, 20 July 2017 - 03:44 PM.
Moved from W10 Spt to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

Have you checked the website for this new browseer...to find out how to setup your version of Outlook for email?

Louis

#3 jvmsl4

jvmsl4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

No, but I went back to Firefox as default and I tried MS Edge and Opera getting the same result when I click on an web link in Outlook. I thought that maybe there is a selection in Outlook that was re-set when I changed the default browser from Firefox to Opera but I can't find one

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

Well...my experience (small/limited) is that each browser has a not-nessarily-universal way of setting up an email app.  I only use IE and Firefox but I followed the road each laid for me...when I set up my email.  Alternatively, I would check the Outlook documentation for use with your respective browsers.

Louis

#5 Iceriver19

Iceriver19

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

I have win 10 (up to date). I don't know if this is coincidental or not but I was experimenting with a new browser other than Firefox (my default) and unchecked it as the default browser. I have been using Outlook 2003 for email since 2003. I always liked this program and win 10 seemed to have accepted it and I have been using it for two yrs on win 10. While still able to send and receive mail using Outlook, the ability to click on an internet link in email has stopped. When I click on a link I get "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. See administrator". In win 10 settings. When I select default email as Outlook it does not accept the choice. There is no error message but the selection is not accepted. I have installed another email program which works ok but I like and would like to use Outlook 2003 for email. Can this issue be solved?

Which versions of Microsoft Office work on Windows 10?

The following versions of Microsoft Office with the latest Service Packs have been confirmed to be compatible with Windows 10:

Older versions of Office such as Office 2003 and Office XP are not certified compatible with Windows 10 but might work using compatibility mode.

I would suggest that it is time to upgrade my friend or go back to Firefox. I copied the above material from Microsoft's Support forum.

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.

– Elbert Hubbard

______________________________________________________________________________________

~IceRiver19~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users