Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hidden partition rootkit horror help please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Angi84

Angi84

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

Attached File  FRST_20-07-2017 10.53.25.txt   16.15KB   8 downloads

Attached File  Addition_20-07-2017 10.53.25.txt   19.98KB   9 downloads

Cheers, 

Computer shuts off anti virus program, slow with pixalated screen, communicating with remote hosts and acts haunted.

It happened after clicking on game link on pbskids site.

Reinstalled operating system and to no avail and  all the standard removal tools cannot locate any trouble, TDSS Killer, Malwarebytes, etc. 

Operates just barely in safe networking mode, good times.

Thank you for any ideas or advice.

Kindest Regards,

Angi

Edited by Angi84, 20 July 2017 - 01:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RayS

RayS

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

Hello Angi84,

My name is Ray and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Please give me a day or two to review your logs and prepare a reply. Since I'm still a trainee, all my posts have to be reviewed by my instructor prior to being posted to make sure that you receive the best assistance possible.

Thank you for your understanding, I'll be with you shortly!

RayS

I don't accept payment for my help, but it would please me if you perform a kindness for your neighbor. You might also contact your local animal shelter. They can always use a bag of kibble or a few cans of pet food. Who knows... you might even find a life-long furry friend there.

#3 Angi84

Angi84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

Perfect, thank you so much!

#4 RayS

RayS

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,409 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:33 AM

Hello again Angi, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please call me "Ray".

Before we get started, I have some preliminary questions:

• Is your PC a desktop or a laptop? What make and model is it?
  • Do you remember on what date the malware first "shuts off anti virus program" and PC became "slow with pixalated screen, communicating with remote hosts and (acted) haunted"?
  • Did this same condition persist after you reinstalled the operating system?
  • On what date did you reinstall the operating system?
  • Did you reinstall the operating system from original installation media (CD)?
  • Were you ever able to start in Normal boot after you reinstalled the operating system?
  • If you were unable to enter Normal boot, describe the symptoms you saw including verbatim copies of error messages, if any.
  • What do you mean when you said, "good times"?

Thank you,

Ray

I don't accept payment for my help, but it would please me if you perform a kindness for your neighbor. You might also contact your local animal shelter. They can always use a bag of kibble or a few cans of pet food. Who knows... you might even find a life-long furry friend there.

#5 RayS

RayS

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,409 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Hi Angi,

3 Day Bump

It has been 3 days since my last post.

• Do you still need help with this? If not, please let me know as soon as possible. Other people are requesting my help.
  • If you will be away for an extended period, please let me know in advance.
  • If you have not replied within 48 hours I will assume you have abandoned the Topic and it will be closed.

Thank you,

Ray

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users