Read "How did I get infected in the first place?
" and Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe
".Be careful what you download: types of downloads that may contain spyware:
• Free games, animated characters, and screen savers.
• Music, movies, and file-sharing programs.
• Instant Messaging (IM) attachments.
• Toolbars for your Internet browser.
• Unknown email files and attachments.Use a Firewall to protect yourself
. A hardware firewall can provide a strong degree of protection from most forms of attacks coming from the outside. A software firewall generally offers the best measure of protection against Trojans and worms but they are harder to configure and must share resources with other running processes which can decrease system performance.Directory Of FirewallsUnderstanding and Using FirewallsKeep Windows and Internet Explorer current with the latest critical security updates
from Microsoft including SP2 which has enhanced security features. This will patch many of the security holes through which attackers can gain access to your computer.