Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo LEN LI2264d audio?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RealScootakip

RealScootakip

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

Hello all.

So, I have a question about my HDMI Lenovo monitor that I recently got

c976dffeb732fe24154f6ae0d4c192ab.png

As you can see in that picture, my computer lists it as an audio device (twice, for some reason) - it even shows up in my Device Manager under Audio.

However, no audio comes out of it.

Same thing when I plug it into an other HDMI port, no audio.
Is the monitor even supposed to have build in audio, or in my computer just confused by the monitor?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

I can't find any indication that your monitor should have audio - but can't find actual manufacturer's specs for it to be sure.

HDMI can carry audio as well as video signals, so I suspect the video driver will also provide an audio entry for any equipment connected to the HDMI output - even if it does not actually have any audio functionality.

Your monitor is listed twice because you have it set as both default playback audio device & default communications audio device - if you set both these defaults to "Speakers" I would expect you to be left with only one entry for the monitor.

Edited by rqt, 20 July 2017 - 05:57 AM.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

I looked at the specs and there is no reference to speakers, only HDMI, which is strange.

See comments here.

http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/monitors/home/LI2264d-21-5-inch-Monitor/p/65C5KCC1US

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/options/lenovo_LI2264d_lcd_monitor_ug_en_v1.0_201511.pdf

Contact Lenovo Support

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

Looks like a monitor. Sorry no sound. May be best if you got some surround system? :thumbup2:

Edit: We always get TVs as they are multipurpose and employ speakers.

Edited by bludgard, 20 July 2017 - 08:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users