Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NEED A GOOD GAMING PC

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jrencore

Jrencore

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:47 PM

My friend is in need of a new gaming pc and hes only trying to spend 700 dollars. He wants at least an intel i7 and a good graphics card. Everything else can be pretty budget. Please provide a list of specific brands so i know exactly which parts i can get. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

Fill that:

The new computer purchase template is:

My budget for the new computer is:

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?

What software do you intend on using on the computer?

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?

Will you be overclocking?

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?

How many monitors are you planning to use?

Do you need peripherals? OS?

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?

-

i7 makes no sense as Ryzen is much better.

#3 Iceriver19

Iceriver19

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Fill that:

The new computer purchase template is:

My budget for the new computer is:

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?

What software do you intend on using on the computer?

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?

Will you be overclocking?

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?

How many monitors are you planning to use?

Do you need peripherals? OS?

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?

-

i7 makes no sense as Ryzen is much better.

Great questionaire.

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.

– Elbert Hubbard

______________________________________________________________________________________

~IceRiver19~

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,221 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

Building a $700 gaming rig is a bit tricky thanks to GPU prices still being high thanks to etherium mining

I would hold off for a few months to be honest unless you want to go pre built.

But some decent pre built gaming rigs can be pricey.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#5 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

entire computer build, $700

intel i7

Good graphics

-------------------

Choose any two of the above you wish...getting all 3 within budget will be difficult.

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#6 Jrencore

Jrencore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

Listen my dude. My buddy is buying a computer for his son. I know we can get an i7 in there plus a half decent graphics card. Its his first gaming computer so dont worry about overclocking or multitasking. We need something that is about budget. (He can prob go a little above 700). We are looking at about 400 altogether for the cpu and gpu. And this kid only wants intel which is why im not going for the ryzen. I tried explaining that intel isnt always the best but he doesnt care. I just need some solid build advice. Maybe he will settle for an i5 btw. Also to answer the other question i would guess he is gonna want to play some demanding games like overwatch and other fps.

#7 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:31 AM

About 400 for i7 and "half decent GPU":

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VKx9TW/intel-core-i7-7700k-42ghz-quad-core-processor-bx80677i77700k

Good luck. Perhaps your buddy should talk some sense to his son. That kid probably wants i7 so that he can get better graphic card soon because with that budget graphic card would be crappy. Tell this to your buddy so he can get decent machine right away with Ryzen. With i7, he can prepare to invest new GPU very soon. I know these tricks.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 23 July 2017 - 04:32 AM.

#8 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

The 7700K is not 'cheap', but it is down to $308 (occasionally sub-$300 on sale), Z270 mainboards are $140-ish...(Call that $450-ish, total?) If absolutely sure no one will ever overclock, a B250 mainboard is about $95, or $45 less) Don't let anyone tell you that a 7700, at only $10 less expense than the K-variant, is the better choice, as it is clocked 500 MHz slower on base clock, and 300 MHz slower on Turbo...

If that is out of budget, the R5-1600/1600X both give pretty good numbers (i.e., average framerates, minimums, and 1% lows) for the $250 spent (plus $100 for A320 MB, about $100 less), albeit with framerates running down from between 10-49% on those provided by the 7700K at 1080P, and as much as 20% less at 1440P...(Some games better, some worse, of course, despite recent allegations by a vocal minority that the 'crappy' 7700K 'only excels at CS:GO', you can examine results yourself in a barrage of gaming titles and make the choice for your use case, and budget...

A review of 7700K vs. R7-1700 follows, which although not a 1600, the latter running near 3.9 GHz performs about as well...(1600/1700 offer good performance, just not 'great')

GTX1060 prices are still elevated...but they are good 1080P cards! (So is the RX580, which is faster usually, and, which also has elevated prices still)

If/when Vega 56 arrives shortly, some of the leaked preliminary numbers in a variety of games look VERY nice, exceeding GTX1070 performance, which is a  good place to be! If the price is right, they should replace the GTX1060 as one of the 'good bang for intermediate buck' placings..

I'll be left wondering how the 7700K would be left trying to keep up with Ryzen later, and it's owners quickly 'needing a better GPU shortly' for...perhaps at least a minute, ..maybe less. 

Edited by MDD1963, 04 August 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#9 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:22 AM

One does NOT want to get a 7700K, and then cripple it with a GTX1030....; a recent 1030 scaling comparison showed no increase in framerates beyond 50-60 fps in many games even with much stronger CPUs, indicating a GPU massive bottleneck...

If on a 'limited x budget', the R5-1600 or i5-7600K and a GTX1050 would perform better....(I'd steer away from i5 if possibe, but some disagree, of course; I just feel newer games might become more '4c/4t challenged')

GPU wise- Problem is, GTX1060's are still steep in price...($229 for 3 GB variants, $308 for 6 GB variants...)

I will need to find some GTX1050 processor scaling comparisons...(GTX1050 is about $120)

(In retrospect, that might be what Drillmachine meant above, in which case he'd be correct; certainly, the GPU is a large part of performance, even at 1080P gaming...)

#10 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:27 AM

Well, as I said that kid has not enough budget to decent GPU so he wants to waste most budget to something else than GPU. Very soon he will ask more money for better GPU. This trick is very old.

#11 CreativeTomato00

CreativeTomato00

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:11 PM

Here I would suggest you take your budget to 700$ if you want to play triple-A titles otherwise if you just want to play Esport games you can easily get a pc for $500

BTW

Here you can get an idea about some best budget graphics card.

#12 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,221 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

Well thankfully the mining is done so its possible to make a budget gasming rig again.

the RX560 is a good choice again as its now back in the numbers that it should be :D

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users