Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very few Windows updates

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bcmo

bcmo

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hi,

Does it make sense that since installing the Anniversary update on a new computer last month these are all the updates that were received?

Thank you.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,014 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

Yes, because the cumulative updates contain many, many patch updates that you'll never see individually if you're reinstalling Windows long after their initial release.

I presume this was a reset or reinstall from the Version 1607 ISO burned to bootable media.  More recent downloads from the Windows 10 Download Page are for Version 1703 which is what's been rolling out since March.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

Normally is one cumulative update in months and sometimes as been two, but very rarely. 
So, if You have got one in months, it is absolutely OK. 
But don't forgot, that nearly every day You get updates for apps and Windows Defender.

#4 bcmo

bcmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

I presume this was a reset or reinstall from the Version 1607 ISO burned to bootable media.

It's a new computer that got the Anniversary update soon after starting it up. No reinstalls were done.

More recent downloads from the Windows 10 Download Page are for Version 1703 which is what's been rolling out since March.

I guess I'll wait till they send it to me directly like the Anniversary update.

Edited by bcmo, 19 July 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,014 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

bcmo,

It's always a good idea to wait until your particular machine ends up in an update/upgrade cohort as part of Windows Update for the major updates.  Two of my three computers have been updated to Creators Update (Version 1703) but my machine running Win10 Pro 32-bit is still in "watch and wait" mode.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#6 bcmo

bcmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:41 PM

I guess I'll wait till they send it to me directly like the Anniversary update.

bcmo,

It's always a good idea to wait until your particular machine ends up in an update/upgrade cohort as part of Windows Update for the major updates.

Precisely my attitude.

Edited by bcmo, 19 July 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#7 bcmo

bcmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

So the updates I got includes all of the updates listed here?

#8 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,014 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

Yes.  The cumulative updates are exactly what their name states:  cumulative.

#9 bcmo

bcmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users