Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installshield wizard is frozen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ladysouth

Ladysouth

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

I am in need of help. I tried to download my favorite game, wizard101 and the installshield wizard froze half way through the set up. Believe me when I say I have tried everything to fix this. I searched up all I could find on the internet and nothing has solved the problem, it's still froze. Please give advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

You didn't say what you have tried. Have you tried installing in Safe Mode?

#3 Ladysouth

Ladysouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

Yes

#4 Ladysouth

Ladysouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

If you look up help for frozen installshield wizard on the internet, I tried it all over a period of nearly 5 hours. No luck at all, I am at a total loss as to what to do.

#5 Ladysouth

Ladysouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

I even did a restore date for 2014, 3 years ago, it's still frozen on my computer

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

I am not sure this will work but download Windows repair and only check the box next to Windows Installer.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

#7 Ladysouth

Ladysouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

Thank you, I will try it now.

#8 Ladysouth

Ladysouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

It's doing 43 repairs windows installer is one of them. Will let you know when it's finished. Thank you for advice.

#9 Ladysouth

Ladysouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

Still won't uninstall, says please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed. It's where the installshield wizard is still frozen. Any more ideas I can try?

#10 Ladysouth

Ladysouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

So, I tried to install my game again anyway, it says, the installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate.

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:35 PM

I am not sure what else to try other than to perhaps find another source for the file. You did try to install by right clicking and selecting Run As Administrator?

Edit: I did find this. Its for Vista but should work for 7

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-gaming/the-installed-version-of-the-application-could-not/e49c25e6-e4f3-4dfd-abae-d00b8646bcef

Edited by JohnC_21, 19 July 2017 - 08:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users