Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo t420 thinkpad battery not charging

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Olivia_drinkwine

Olivia_drinkwine

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hey everyone so I have a lenovo thinkpad T420. And it's not charging For what ever reason at 51% it stops. It is a after market battery and I got it refurbished Here are some screen shots so you all can get a better idea. and the specs are in a picture below. And the solution please make it free as I currently don't have a job atm.

Attached File  lenovo not charging.png   557.78KB   0 downloadsAttached File  lenovo specs.png   289.47KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Iceriver19

Iceriver19

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

Olivia_drinkwine,

It seems like your battery is failing if it stops charging at 51%.  Is your power adapter the orginal Lenovo charger that came with the laptop?

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.

– Elbert Hubbard

______________________________________________________________________________________

~IceRiver19~

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

You battery may not be calibrated. After it is charged unplug it and let it fully discharge

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 Olivia_drinkwine

Olivia_drinkwine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

And yes it is the original one that came with the laptop. I got it fixed though had to uninstall a driver and let windows reinstall it.

#5 Iceriver19

Iceriver19

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Glad it is working!!

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.

– Elbert Hubbard

______________________________________________________________________________________

~IceRiver19~

#6 Olivia_drinkwine

Olivia_drinkwine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

I am as well. :) should really be thanking the people at the lenovo's support forums though. As they are the people that told me to do that.

#7 Iceriver19

Iceriver19

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

What driver ended up being the fix?

– Elbert Hubbard

~IceRiver19~

#8 Olivia_drinkwine

Olivia_drinkwine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

The windows acpi-compliant control method battery driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users