Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Movie Maker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unclemarine

unclemarine

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

I have a photo file (DVD slide show) that I made some time ago that's in WMM, but I can't edit it.  There is a Yellow triangle in it. If I hold the mouse over one of the blank photos it tells me the file address (e/trips/reunions etc etc.) but the files are now are in (c/pictures/reunions etc etc.) Is there any way that I can change something?? that will let me edit those photos.

I don't know--did I make myself clear about what the problem  is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gadolinium

gadolinium

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

Windows movie maker stores information on pictures by their file location at the time the movie is being created.  So you can either remove the broken picture links and re-add them from their new location, or move the pictures to where they used to be, which will also fix things.

#3 unclemarine

unclemarine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

Thank you for the quick reply.
I no longer have an e drive so I can not return them. Have no idea how to do your other suggestion, I just turned 92 years old on the 5th of July, soooo! many things are over my head.
Maybe a step by step explanation might be what I need, if that's possible.
Thanks again.
UncleMarine

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

What if you copied the file to a USB flash drive and renamed the letter of the flash drive to E:?

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-a-drive-letter-2626069

Also see this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZmZODTAvs

#5 gadolinium

gadolinium

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:54 PM

I ran into your problem a little while back and the simplest option I found was copying the pictures to the folder where you want to make your movie project before adding them.  That way they're easy to find if you want to put more images in the movie later.  You will have to reattach the pictures or create the new E drive as mentioned above to fix the broken links though.

Edited by gadolinium, 20 July 2017 - 09:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users