Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Size Of My Topics?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:49 AM

Some time ago I asked a question and received useful replies. This is no longer in 'My Topics'

Is this area limited as to size?

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:37 AM

If your using the My Topics link, at the top of this page, it does seem to be limited in size.

To find all of your Topics, click on your user name on this page to get to your Profile.
Once there, to the right you'll see a Profile Options button.
Click the button and select Find member's topics.
This should list all of the Topics you started.

Selecting Find member's posts, will give you a list of every Post you've ever made.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:39 AM

Thanks tg.

That last comment is a bit scary.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

You're welcome, rowal5555.

That last comment is a bit scary.

Not to mention, a lot of information to sort through. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

I am not sure this applies to members instead of Moderators (I think it does for everyone)- - - but if you go to the bottom right-hand part of the display page, and change the "get active topics for:" to the time-frame choice of "this year" you get at least 1248 pages!!!!!
TG's way also works.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,584 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:13 PM

Actually, I think the My Topics link is time limited rather than size limited. IOW, links more than around 30 days old will disappear from the list.

AFAIK, this is an something you will only find at BC. Grinler instituted it around the same time as the Participating Topics links in your users Control Panel (My Controls link). If you go to your Control Panel and scroll down to Subscriptions in the left hand column, you'll see what I'm talking about. Any topic you have posted to will be listed in those Participating Topics links and are filetered by time:

7 Days
30 Days
All

So the All one will give you about the same results as going into your profile as tg1911 has suggested. As with most things computer related, there is more than one way to skin a cat. :thumbsup:

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

Alternatively, you could click on the Search link in the upper right hand corner and input your keywords. You can also sort by specific Member Name. In the "search where" portion of the search tool, you can narrow or broaden your search as you wish. From a specific Category or Forum to the Entirety of the Forums.

Be (Needle in a Haystack) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users