Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The BEST moment of 2017 so far

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:50 PM

I'd just like to remind everyone of the best moment of this year so far...

The single biggest comeback in The Champions League's history! :bananas:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

Slow the play down...or hit the pause button as the ball is kicked.......the goal scorer is offside. There is only the goalkeeper between him and the goal line when the ball is played.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

But they used that 'eagle-eye', or whatever it is called, system in the game, which showed that there is no mistake by the referee. Roberto wasn't in offside.

If there was any help from the referee, it could at best be argued that it was more so with the Suarez penalty, but even then such an argument wouldn't have been completely founded.

Edited by Just_One_Question, 19 July 2017 - 04:40 AM.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,939 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:10 AM

I will allow the eagle eye the benefit of the doubt....must be something to do with camera angle....

the reason I called it off side is shown in the screenshot below......the ball has just left the kickers foot, and there are two blue shirts visible on the goal side of the white shirts.....

wsp8c3.jpg

I so wish I could have been there to see that match !!!!!

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

Yes, the emotion has been extraordinary on the stadium. I swear, I paced around my room for a good 20 minutes until I got off the high from this match's roller-coaster of a drama!:lmao:

This season was quite eventful in terms of such records - Barcelona making the first ever comeback from a 0:4 first match result and Real Madrid winning for a second consecutive year, which had never been done before. Awesome!:)

Which is your favorite team, mate?:)

#6 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,652 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

February 5, 2017

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,939 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

muwuia.jpg

....but then again, I am a sport junkie of sorts. I live in Australia, and also support AFL teams as well as NRL teams.

I have recently lost interest in the Cricket teams in Oz. ....bunch of powderpuffs....

Real Madrid are an exceptional team as well......damn  it, I love them ALL !!!!

At times the "drama merchants" are a bit too much and I tune out....at least in Australian Rugby League (NRL) there is little to none of that.

#8 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

Too bad, I only watch and sometimes play football (soccer) in terms of sports. I'm not really attracted to any of the rest, although I do get the excitement with them as well. But it's great that you are a real sports person.

Nice, you're a Manchester United fan! Congratulations on the UEFA Cup! Too bad (maybe) that back in the day you sold the best player that Man United has ever had, at least according to this.

I am from Bulgaria. Maybe you know Dimitar Berbatov - he is the 43d all time biggest scorer in the history of Manchester United. We are really proud of him here in Bulgaria and he is widely considered the 2nd best player ever here (after Hristo Stoichkov, who is the 10th biggest scorer in the history of Barcelona and has also won the Ballon d'Or in 1994). :)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 19 July 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#9 techghost

techghost

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Ohh man! What did you just remind me of. Good to now you are a Barca fan too. I had tears in my eyes while I jumped all around after this victory. 

#10 techghost

techghost

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

I will allow the eagle eye the benefit of the doubt....must be something to do with camera angle....

the reason I called it off side is shown in the screenshot below......the ball has just left the kickers foot, and there are two blue shirts visible on the goal side of the white shirts.....

wsp8c3.jpg

I so wish I could have been there to see that match !!!!!

You've paused it at the wrong time. The ball is high in the air far from Neymar. And sergio's feet are still behind the defender. How do you suspect a human referee to catch something like that at such intense moments of the game. 

#11 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

Ohh man! What did you just remind me of. Good to now you are a Barca fan too. I had tears in my eyes while I jumped all around after this victory. 

As I said, happiest moment of 2017 so far!:lmao: That moment was pure love of the game; unforgettable!:)

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,939 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

there you go...paused within a millisecond of him striking the ball. If the camera angles are to be believed, ....offside.

As just one question said the eagle eye was in play....there fore it is quite likely the camera angles/position were deceiving, and therefore in reality there was no offside.

2sajjud.jpg

#13 lexipad

lexipad

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

That's true! I know the feeling.

#14 techghost

techghost

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

there you go...paused within a millisecond of him striking the ball. If the camera angles are to be believed, ....offside.

As just one question said the eagle eye was in play....there fore it is quite likely the camera angles/position were deceiving, and therefore in reality there was no offside.

2sajjud.jpg

Look closely, Sergi Roberto is right at the back of a defender, He is not off-side as we can see in the screenshot you've shared. It's Pique whose foot is outside the backline not Roberto. Also, there's another PSG player in front of Pique, who is also ahead of Sergi Roberto's position. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users