Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pinned Programs Do not show up in Taskbar.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Melegaunt

Melegaunt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

Hello,

I recently updated my Windows 10 and since then my laptop is forgetting what programs I have pinned to my task bar every time I reboot.

When I pin them the shortcut for them does show up temporarily on the taskbar, the icon is clearly seen, and a link shows up in Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar.

However upon reboot the tiles are gone from my taskbar, even though the links in the UserPinned\TaskBar folder are still there.

In addition to this, it will sometimes leave one or two, but never all of them.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

Have a read through this thread and see if your issue is similar perhaps

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601182/windows-10-quick-launch-icons-disappear-upon-reboot/

#3 Melegaunt

Melegaunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Have a read through this thread and see if your issue is similar perhaps

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601182/windows-10-quick-launch-icons-disappear-upon-reboot/

This person discovered that Bit Defender was the culprit. I do not have Bit Defender on my Laptop unfortunately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users