I can't help recommending one but I can point you to get to this wikipedia page to find what you need.
About 2 years ago I did a research on the subject and I can give you some tips (it happened that I never deployed one; that is why I can't recommend any to you).
- Some are installable on a running OS, others are an entire OS. Few can be used thrugh a Live System.
- Some comes along with or the possibility to be servers, others don't.
- Some are for routers as embedded devices you have on your home but not all works with Wireless. Others needs PCs; but others are sell with its own hardware.
- Some are free. Others are paid. Some others has free on some points but need paying for more services (Untangle for example).
- Some has GUI. Others CLI. Others both.
Snort and Suricata are probably the most used in Linux. I bet the most popular is Untangle. Sophos uses snort I guess, because some are IDS/IPS solutions but not just that. I can't tell you which ones on the page has the ability to have IDS/IPS.
Edited by malwaredpc, 23 July 2017 - 03:14 PM.