Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure where this should go, Win 10 or FireFox on Win 10

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rubinontheroad

rubinontheroad

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

There is a strange change in my browsing that I've noticed. Recently, maybe with the updating of FireFox (I have 54.1 now). But I believe this started with 52 or 53. in the recent past, at the end of each browsing session, maybe 2-3 hours, (email, news, reddit). I close down FF and run CC Cleaner, it used to show between 10-20k temp internet files cleaned. As of late, doing the same actions, it now show 200k to 300K temp internet files cleaned. I have made no changes to my surfing habits and I still use CC Cleaner. I tried to ask FF forums and have received no help and have totally screwed up my log in info and can't seem to straighten it out. So here I am at Bleeping Computer forums. This is not a problem that interferes with my surfing, it is, did I do something or did FF or CC Cleaner. I have attached some screen shots of the CC Cleaner interface, maybe that will help, I don't have any "before" shots as I thought all was OK. Life will go on either way but thought someone may have some insight on this issue. Thanks for looking at it anyway.....S Rubin

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Internet Explorer- Temporary Internet Files are not Firefox cached files. Next time you bootup Windows and before starting Firefox,

run CCleaner and see if there are some files listed in Temporary Internet Files. This is normal.

If you didn't know....you can allow Firefox to delete its cache, etc when you close Firefox through its Settings. Below is an image of my settings in Firefox on Linux. The GUI

will possibly appear different in Windows but the same settings should be there.

Y00MNVr.png

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Something is wrong. 
Firefox 54.1 has not neve released, but You have it, how?
if  You surf on internet 2-3 hours, as You said, then not possible to get only 200-300 kb temp fiöes, it is more then too few. Normal is much more.
But if You get only so few, is something wrong. By default is Firefox cache size 350 MB and You can increase it or at all disable, if You want. (If You disable, Firefox will be less stable).
How much is temp and cache files size, it depends of what You do on internet, how many extensions is in use, how many of them are updated etc.

PS. If I look the pictures, what You have added, I see already on the first picture Firefox Internet Cache 354.51 MB (351,510 kB) - it is absolutely normal.

Edited by zainmax, 18 July 2017 - 12:27 PM.

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

Use Firefox for your normal amount of time.

Open CCleaner.

Click Analyse.

When the list of files to be cleaned appears, highlight Firefox in the list, right-click on it and select ''view detailed results''

This will show you what sort of files belonging to Firefox are being cleaned.

#5 rubinontheroad

rubinontheroad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:50 PM

Buddy 215 did what you suggested in options..........Thank you

Zainmax I have FF 54.1 and have had it for ....2-3....weeks.....You saw in the attachments what comes up after a CC Cleaner runs....I've made no changes to cache, it is greyed out at 350

Opera   Will do!

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

zainmax......FF 54.01 was released in the USA for Windows. It is possible that you can click on help...About Firefox...check for updates that you will get it. It could also

be that it has not been released in your geographical area.

rubinontheroad...you're welcome.

Edited by buddy215, 18 July 2017 - 03:29 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 malwaredpc

malwaredpc

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

Is this even an issue?? This shall go more like information on temp files of FF.

Videos are the most varying in size that would affect the size of temp folders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users