Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the name of the first Computer Network?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mikky004

Mikky004

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:42 AM

Hi Guys,
I have one important question and need prompt and detailed answered please.

What is the name of the first Computer Network?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 18 July 2017 - 08:04 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Gen Chat - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

ARPANET?
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

How are we doing, in class??

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,471 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

LMGTFY

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#5 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

Going to school and not actually learning is probably in the top 10 things in life that I could never get.

I do understand, though, that some people feel pressured by family and their community to go to university, even though they don't know what to do there.

#6 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:48 AM

Steve Jobs didn't have a college degree according to this look under Timeline 1973.

http://allaboutstevejobs.com/bio/timeline.php

Steve spends the fall semester at Reed College, Oregon, then drops out. He will stay on campus and attend the classes that interest him for a while, then move to a hippie commune.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,471 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

And Barbara Streisand didn't have formal musical training.   I have never understood why people who are clearly talented in ways that virtually the rest of humanity is not are used to try to justify "doing the stupid."

Dropping out of college (or whatever training one needs for a career of one's choice) because it worked for someone like Steve Jobs is not a good general recommendation.

The unbelievably exceptional can't be used as though it were applicable to the majority.

[The-Toolman, if I've misread you I apologize.  The above still applies as a general point.]

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#8 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,789 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

While ARPANET is credited as the first incarnation of what we call today the internet the exact first network is still in the air as the early days of computers is filled with loads of historical milestones.

Heck even the telegraph can be considered the first computer network as there were automated telegraph services

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users