Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

re: Windows updates failed to install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skillful

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:25 AM

I recently wiped HDD, then installed windows 8.1 I then did heaps of automatic updates, yet a whole bunch said 'failed to update'. So I tried to manually install one of them eg http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4025336 And I downloaded, ran it and it said it could not be installed because it is already installed. Now that specific one, is listed as installed. Yet still says failed. However, another one[and theres a whole bunch, do I need to cross check all this rubbish manually?] kb890830 only shows on updates for win7 and win10, not win8 on the catalog.update site. It is not listed as installed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

• Malware Study Hall Sophomore
  • 635 posts
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

You didn't say what kind of a computer you use, laptop, desktop etc. Just a longshot but if it's a laptop, try disconnecting the battery and power cord then hold down the power key for about 30 seconds. If it's a desktop, power down unplug it and do the same. A lot of times by doing this it resets and will recognize the updates.

Edited by HyperHenry, 24 July 2017 - 11:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users