Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having trouble loading Youtube!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 js10

js10

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

I know this probably sounds strange, but my browser (Firefox) is taking much longer to load one site than just about any other: Youtube. And it's not just a matter of Youtube being down occasionally -- the problem is almost certainly on my end. And by taking longer, I mean often 2-3 minutes. As I've written about here in the past (and has basically gone unresolved, unfortunately), I've been having tremendous problems with Flash freezing, so I've set Shockwave Flash to "ask to activate." This way, pages don't freeze unless I actually allow the video to activate, in which case it will, in fact, freeze for about a minute. For Youtube, though, again, the problem is that it takes 2-3 minutes just to GET to the page. But I still wonder if the Flash thing has something to do with this. Has anyone here heard of anything like this before, with one site being so particularly slow to load? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

Do you have the latest version of Flash installed?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

#3 js10

js10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

Okay, the cache part is easy: yes. Didn't do anything.

As for Flash, a bit more confusing. I always update my Adobe flash, but is that the same thing as Shockwave Flash? Because that's what seems to crash (according to the box that eventually pops up) and what is set to "ask to activate" in my Add-Ons page. And even that says that it was lasted updated on June 20, so I have to think I'm pretty up-to-date as far as that's concerned. And, again, while other sites give me some problems once I get to them (pages with Vimeo videos, for example, can be very stubborn), with Youtube the problem is how long it takes just to get the page to load. By the way, this is really only true that first time I use Firefox after having previously closed it. If I leave it open, there's no problem in going back to Youtube. Hope this sheds some more light on the situation.

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Direct links for Flash -

IE - https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Firefox - https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Opera - https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ppapi.exe

Shockwave Flash is the plug-in for Firefox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users