Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen plus lagging bios

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blazing7guy

Blazing7guy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Hello guys, read my query very carefully plz. My computer was working pretty good. I just installed windows 10 creators update and shut down my pc. Just a few hours ago, I launched my pc. It stayed on the boot screen for like 15 seconds(unusually). And then showed me a black screen. I plugged in the bootable USB and tried to install a new windows but as soon as I get to the bios screen, my pc lags and when I move the arrow keys, they lag too and start moving themselves and it lags like GTA V would lag with internal gpu. And when I press F12 to directly boot from my USB, it doesn't let me select but somehow I did select and reinstalled the window. And then as soon the computer restarts after first step of installing windows, it gives me a blue screen error saying "This PC ran into a problem etc etc and it also says that VIDEO DRIVER INIT FAILURE.. and keeps restarting and keeps giving me this error. Now I wanna know what exactly is the problem? I have had two hard drives, removing both of them still didn't work for the laggy bios. Is this a hardware or software issue? Waiting curiously for the replies from you guys :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

From your description of the issue, I can't tell what the problem is.

My first question is was there any problem with the system before you first installed the Windows 10 Creator's Update?

Can you boot into Windows now?

From your description of:

...as soon the computer restarts after first step of installing windows, it gives me a blue screen error saying "This PC ran into a problem etc etc and it also says that VIDEO DRIVER INIT FAILURE.. and keeps restarting and keeps giving me this error.

I would suspect a problem with your video card.  And, as it happens before Windows is fully installed, I'd have to wonder if there's a hardware problem with the video card.

Can you switch to internal graphics (and remove the discrete video card from the system?  Or do you have another video card that you can test with?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users