Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD, ndistpr64.sys, start up options not working, please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nick736

nick736

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

I recently accidentally downloaded a suspicious iso file onto my computer and after opening it and running the program inside of it Windows defender automatically start saying Trojan:win32\Fuery.A!cl and ...Fuery.B!cl

I tried for really long scanning and fixing with Malware Bytes because avast antivirus along with others wouldn't download and mcafee was expired and not doing anything

While scanning for the malware and Trojans, before it started removing them I got a BSOD with the failure of ndistpr64.sys

Whenever I startup my laptop the f1-f12 keys don't do anything to go into safe mode, and I tried once with an external keyboard, and after 30 sec into using the computer, trying to rename or delete ndistpr64.exe, the same BSOD appears.

Please help me thank anyone for reading this already and I hope there's a way to fix my computer

My laptop is running Windows 10 64bit by Lenovo

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2017 - 02:33 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected, no logs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Did Windows Defender remove it?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Trojan:Win32/Fuery.A!cl

First, boot into Advanced Startup Options and do a Startup Repair.

#3 nick736

nick736
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

Windows defender said it removed it but it definitely did not because it's just the virus with the ndistpr64.sys that disables Windows defender and anti viruses

I cannot boot into advanced startup options the function keys do not work at all during boot, and I tried once with an external keyboard I don't think it's gonna help

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:38 PM

If you can boot into Safe Mode, type cmd.exe in the search box, and right click on the result, selecting Run as administrator.

Type sfc /SCANNOW and press Enter.

#5 nick736

nick736
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

I cannot boot into safe mode all the f keys don't work during boot up, shift restart doesn't help, and it doesn't let me edit boot option in cmd for the short 20 seconds I have on my computer, it says i don't have permissions to do that

#6 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

Go to a working computer, or have a friend make a Linux Live CD (USB flash drive is fine) following the instructions in this article...

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/31804/the-10-cleverest-ways-to-use-linux-to-fix-your-windows-pc/

Some of the topics of interest in your situation are:

Diagnose Windows or Hardware Problem

Scan Your Windows PC for Viruses

Access or Backup Files from Your Dead Windows PC - which will be important in getting your personal data off the hard drive, if you have to do a clean install of Windows.

#7 nick736

nick736
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

okay thank you so much I actually have a Linux flash drive just I don't know how to get it to boot, by me it's late at night so tomorrow I will prob take out the hard drive so that the laptop is forced to boot up the Linux, and then prob put it back in when it's done booting and just recover important files and try to delete all the viruses or back up everything necessary and clean install Windows. Thank you so much for your help I'll let you know sometime tomorrow how it goes.

#8 nick736

nick736
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

I am so happy to be posting this message from my computer on the same windows hard drive with nothing lost, without clearingg everything
Thank you for your help i removed the ndistpr64.sys from my computer through a linux flash drive, the virus turned on fast boot and disabled boot options so i had to unscrew and remove the hard drive from my laptop.  From linux, i was able to remove that file (said it was last updated january 1, 0:00, 1970, no wonder i was getting blue screens of death, what a virus).  I am currently quarantining 1619 threats (wow right?), is there anymore tips or advice i should hear? i used rkill, and malwarebytes but tomorrow after quaratining everything i will use rkill again and scan with avast, malwarebytes, adw cleaner, and as many as i need to until its clean like it was 3 days ago (or prob still had some adware).  Thank you, please reply anything else i should know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users