Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating Recovery Disk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FeruAce

FeruAce

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

Greetings to everyone, I would like to do backup my computer programs and files, system settings, drivers, etc but I am confuse where to start what to do can you give me some instructions on how to create a recovery disk or backup disk I have two laptop one has Windows 7 Home Basic and the other one is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. I am new to this kind of stuff since I never done backup or recovery disk and I'll regret not knowing it sooner. Thanks for your Help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 19,800 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

You will need another internal HDD or a USB external drive. Each of the below programs will allow you to create a bootable CD or USB flash drive. Your XP computer would need to boot from a USB. Some of the earlier XP computers could only boot from a CD. After creating the bootable media boot it and make sure it sees all  your hard disks including the USB external. 

Macrium Reflect Free

Aomei Backupper Standard

Easeus Todo Backup Free

Read the manuals to get an idea of the process. There are also plenty of youtube videos showing how to use the above programs.

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

Adding to JohnC's advice, I recommend, for computers that can boot both usb and dvd, making both usb and dvd boots.  For computers that boot only one way or the other, I recommend making two boot copies.  Milo Murphy's Law sometimes "causes" my computer to refuse booting with usb or dvd but fortunately did boot the other.

Edited by RolandJS, 17 July 2017 - 06:12 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (sevenforums)

Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup... -- RockE (Windows Secrets Lounge)

#4 FeruAce

FeruAce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

You will need another internal HDD or a USB external drive. Each of the below programs will allow you to create a bootable CD or USB flash drive. Your XP computer would need to boot from a USB. Some of the earlier XP computers could only boot from a CD. After creating the bootable media boot it and make sure it sees all  your hard disks including the USB external. 

Macrium Reflect Free

Aomei Backupper Standard

Easeus Todo Backup Free

Read the manuals to get an idea of the process. There are also plenty of youtube videos showing how to use the above programs.

Thanks for recommending some program and giving some advise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users