Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Duplicates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grits

grits

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

Does anyone know of a program ( preferably free ) that will scan for duplicates of all kinds, in all areas?

I'm a real packrat !! My Favorites is loaded & there's hardly an empty spot on my desktop , & I've already created a couple new folders for things that I've saved there. I'm always in a hurry I guess 'cause I want to get sooo much reading done before I rush off to work, then don't get back to what I've saved & then end up reading something again, forget I've already got it & save again.

I really don't want to use up my week of vacation going through this whole machine :thumbsup:

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:49 PM

You might try Duplicate File Finder 1.1.0.0. I have only used it once, so cannot really tell you this will help, but the application is free and does not contain spyware:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/373411

As with any software of this type, be sure to review carefully what it finds before deleting any file, since SOME files should, in fact, be found several places on your hard drive; there are enough user edits, though, to localise the search to certain folders and certain file extensions.

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users