Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Case open warning - unable to enter BIOS or Boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John123Fisher

John123Fisher

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:30 AM

Hi guys,

When it came to turning my PC on today, I was greeted with a "Warning: Your Case is Open" warning.

I have the option of striking F1 to continue or pressing DEL to enter the BIOS screen. But the keyboard/mouse does not power up until past this screen, so I can't do anything. Everything was working fine until this morning, no changes were made.

Also, checking the obvious, my case is on and secure. There is no intrusion detection obvious to me but it could be hiding somewhere. It's a Foxconn A6VMX mobo.

Hell of a longshot but... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:35 AM

Go into the BIOS, set the Case Warning to ignore, save the change and continue booting.

To re-enable the Case Warning, go back into the BIOS, turn it on, save the change and continue booting.

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:33 AM

Hi,

The keyboard is USB or PS2?

If the keyboard is USB maybe isn't initialized yet try with a PS2 keyboard.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

This board also has a intrusion connector ..

Foxconn.jpg

You can check that and get the specs from Foxconn here:

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=motherboard&U=en-us0000346

Look under Tech Support/Manual and you can download two .PDF's of everything about this board you need to know.

And as long as your looking at this board, and seeing as it is an older board it may be prone to capacitor failure. Check all the tops on the capacitors on this board to see if they are flat or expanded  (bubbled upwards) or any signs of leakages like these:

bad_acp.jpg

Edited by Joe C, 17 July 2017 - 10:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users