Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to enhance saturation of color on Windows 8.1?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kmk1955

kmk1955

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

Does anyone have a good means of enriching colors on screen? I don't mean changing text colors but instead, I mean saturation of images and such? I do a lot of artwork onscreen and after some experience with a new iPad (never had one before! love it!), I come back to my desktop after an absence and the drabness of color and contrast on my desk is even more apparent. The colors on my iPad are deep, rich, intense, and the contrast is perfect, black really looks black rather than charcoal-y, as it tends to do on my desk. I looked into the color calibration section but none of that means diddly to me. I wish there were just a tab or button or two where I could slide, and change the intensity of color and also perk up the contrast. Need to get back to my onscreen art, but it would help my eyes if things could be "perked up"... Thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

Windows 8.1 doesn't provide a lot of options for color.  You might be better off seeing what options your monitor has.  A iPod uses an active-matrix LCD panel.  You might be able to find a monitor capable of an active-matrix screen.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

I was going to suggest this yesterday, then realised I had mislaid it !  But I found it again today. Try this little utility from EIZO. It's an .EXE file so it doesn't install, you just download and run it. It works in conjunction with your on-screen menu controls as an aid to either check the set up on your monitor or to adjust it to settings you find more comfortable/realistic.

https://www.eizo.be/all-monitors/accessories/software/monitor-test/

Oh yes, there is no gobbledy-gook involved at all - you just look at the various screens and see if you like them or not. If you like them, you move on to the next screen. If you don't like the balance or whatever on a screen you use the monitor controls to set it to your preference.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 kmk1955

kmk1955
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

Chris Cosgrove:  No gobbledygook, ahhh, how nice that would be, for a person who is sharp, granted, but just not very tech-know-logical...  :guitar:

I prefer things to be very straightforward, no complications and no hassles. Will try the Eizo file and see how it goes, thanks very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users