Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GOOGLE SEARH

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffers613

Jeffers613

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

I use Google to search. If I then select an item I cannot get back to the Google search lists using the back button (top left corner). The Google button just stops working and I get a blank page - so have to start the search routine again. No problem with Google Chrome. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

I use Google to search. If I then select an item I cannot get back to the Google search lists using the back button (top left corner). The Google button just stops working and I get a blank page - so have to start the search routine again. No problem with Google Chrome. Can anyone help?

1. Of course would help, if could be possible to know, what kind of help you need.
  2. You said, no problem with Google Chrome, but didn't said what You using, if have problems. 
  3. Even You have not told, what computer or what op-system You have.

#3 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

Try opening an item as a separate tab, instead; this way, the page with the search list stays open.

Try opening an item as a separate tab, instead; this way, the page with the search list stays open.

#4 Jeffers613

Jeffers613
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Zainmax - I use IE + Windows 7 desktop

Cafejose - Sorry - I'm not very techie! How do I open item as a separate tab?

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

To open an item in a separate tab rather than in the current one in virtually any web browser is CTRL+LeftClick

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#6 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

Also, or instead, identify the listing that you want, right-click on it (on the hyperlink), choose from the menu, "open as a separate tab", watch the top of your browser as it opens the second tab for you, and left click on the tab to activate the view of that tab; which will be the web page for the item from the search-list which you chose.  The original page with your search listings will still be open for when you are ready to continue looking at the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users