Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SO MANY ERRORS!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GalaxyHunter199

GalaxyHunter199

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:27 AM

so yeah.. first of all my windows got deactivated and in setting it says, "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server." then at my windows 10 store it says "Something happened on our end and we couldn't sign you in" then on groove music it says "Sorry something went wrong, wait a moment and try again" now, I don't know what to do ;-;

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,852 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

GalaxyHunter199:

Do you know how, and when, your Windows 10 got deactivated?  What is the make and model of your computer/laptop?  Did it come with Windows 10 or did you take advantage of the free upgrade a year ago, or more?  If the latter, did you do a clean install or did you let Windows Upgrade handle the version change?  If so, what was your previous version of Windows?

The error message makes it sound like the computer is a business computer?

Any information that you can provide to narrow the cause would help me, and others here at Bleeping Computer, help you.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#3 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

To check your Product Key, download and run the free tool ShowKeyPlus...

https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus/releases

I suspect you have a Volume License, which is not for personal use.

#4 GalaxyHunter199

GalaxyHunter199
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:48 AM

Phil, im not sure when my windows got deactivated, and i have a custom built gaming computer, I took advantage of the free upgrade and I let windows upgrade handle the version change, I have a version 1703 Windows 10 now but I previously had 1607. Anyways I figured that it might just be because of the new update.. right now the "Activate Windows" watermark disappeared but there are still errors on the windows store, If you cant find a solution its not really bothering me that much... the only thing that bothered me is the watermark that disappeared today and groove music now plays my songs... I guess ill just wait for the windows store to work too...

#5 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• 3,852 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

GalaxyHunter199:

You might try to run the System File Checker (SFC) to determine if there is any corruption of the Windows installation.

:step1: Please run an System File Checker (SFC) scan to assess the integrity of the Windows file system.

• Click on the "Start" button.
  • In the "search" box at the bottom, type cmd.
  • Look for Cmd.exe to appear at the top of the menu.
  • Right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run As Administrator.
  • Type sfc /scannow. Ensure that there is a space between "sfc" and "/scannow"
  • The scan will start and may take from 20 minutes to an hour to run.
  • Please report the results from the System File Checker in your next post. Does it report "No Resource Integrity Violations Found", "Errors Repaired", or "Unable to Repair", or words to that effect?

If SFC reports uncorrectable errors, please immediately navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS, locate the file "CBS.log", and copy, not move it, to your Desktop. That file is "volatile", so we need to ensure that it is not overwritten with new results.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

#6 GalaxyHunter199

GalaxyHunter199
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

uhh.... the problem was fixed, i guess i just needed to wait... but thanks for the instructions though. ^w^

#7 GalaxyHunter199

GalaxyHunter199
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:06 AM

Says, "No Resource Integrity Violations Found"

thanks for trying to help though... it is very much appreciated

#8 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• 3,852 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

GalaxyHunter199:

Thanks for the updates.  That is precisely the message that I was hoping for from the System File Checker scan! :thumbup2:

If you have further issues, please come back and see us here at Bleeping Computer.  It is actually amazing how many problems are solved by a cold boot.

Warm booting does not completely clear the computer and reset everything. See this article from Microsoft. You can also "google" warm boots versus cold boots and you will find lots of information there. It is amazing to me how many really weird problems are resolved by a cold boot. It is my first diagnostic step. If you launch the "Windows Repair (All In One)" tool by Tweaking Computer, you will see a cold boot is one of their preliminary diagnostic steps. That tool is available for download here at BC.

With laptops, it also necessary not just to unplug them, but also to remove the battery to ensure that the motherboard loses power, causing components to reset to their default state. Pressing and hold the "Power" button down, when all power sources have been unplugged from the computer/laptop, just hastens, and ensures, that the capacitors on the motherboard, and other boards, such as GPU, drive controllers, etc., also lose any residual power and are reset back to default states. The only thing that doesn't lose power is the BIOS CMOS, because it has its own battery, and removing that is not usually desirable, since the BIOS loses any custom configuration information, as well as the date and time.

On behalf of the Bleeping Computer community, thank you for choosing us to assist you with your computer issues.

Have a great day, ... and stay safe out there in cyberspace.

Regards,

-Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users