Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Repeatedly and Immediately Goes to Sleep Mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 alaskandude

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:02 AM

My old Win 7 64bit desktop (Intel Core2 Quad+Nvidia GT610) was in good condition until recently I see that whenever I log into WIn 7, it gets into sleep mode immediately.

When I look into the Event Logs, I see that it shows:

Information    7/16/2017 12:06:49 PM    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power    42    (64) 
"The system is entering sleep. 
Sleep Reason: Button or Lid"

But neither did I press the sleep button on the keyboard nor the keyboard seems to be faulty.

However, whenever, I am starting in Safe Mode, or disabling the Nvidia Display Driver, the computer is running fine without going into a sleep mode.

What could be a reason for this? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have also attached an excerpt from the Event logs below in case one gets more relevant information.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users