Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Balance Keeps Changing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 quickgold192

quickgold192

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:22 PM

Recently my sound balance has been shifting itself slightly to the right on its own. It occurs when either changing the volume on a 3rd party app or when changing the tracks. The apps I use that affect the volume are YME (with Yahoo Unlimited), WMP, Winamp, Windows Live Messenger, and PowerDVD. The balance only changes on the 'Wave' channel in the Volume Control, and the balance slider doesn't register the change - the slider is centered. If I jiggle the slider the balance returns to normal until I adjust the volume on any of the previous apps or the track changes. I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard with current drivers (I've tried reinstalling them), have daily scans with AVG, and run Spybot regularly. I have checked the sound settings in the control panel as well as on each of the apps for off-center balance settings and have found none.

My sound hasn't always been off balance - it just started recently. The only change in behavior I can think of is that I started using Window's own Remote Desktop Connection. (Although it is currently disabled.) Also, it's not like the entire left channel disappears - it just becomes softer. Also, I use Windows XP Professional with all the latest patches and upgrades. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: The louder the wave volume is set, the more the balance wanders, with midway having little to no effect and full blast having a great effect.

Edited by quickgold192, 12 September 2006 - 07:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users