Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD While Gaming/Netflix

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gibson295

Gibson295

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

So i had a blue screen crash on my dual monitor setup while i was playing a game on one monitor and watching netflix on the other.

of course before i could read all of the info on it the computer rebooted. Standard  :nono:

Anyways attached is all the information i gathered. IF someone could help me understand what caused this problem in the first place i would be much appreciative   :thumbup2:

Speccy Link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/FXtBTLJQ6vF4gnSyR0AnoBk

ty :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

Regretfully, I can no longer afford to spend time analyzing systems with Windows 7 and earlier OS's.

My suggestions for those who have problems with W7 and earlier are:

1)  Perform a "clean" install of Windows to see if that stops the problems:  http://www.carrona.org/canned.html#clean
This is different from a simple reinstall - it tries to only use Windows components.  Please read the steps at the link above.

2)  If that doesn't stop the problems, then first try these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html 
If all of the hardware diagnostics pass, try this procedure (designed for desktops, not real easy for laptops):  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Gibson295

Gibson295
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

You are aware that 60% Of the market is running on Windows 7 still.

It is still an officially supported OS to.

Did somebody pay you to not touch anything older then Windows 10, Typical.

Links don't Work, but thanks anyways i'll just pay my local shop 50$ To run a series of tests, read the event logger and figure it out.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

It's a pity that you have no understanding for anyone but yourself.

I have been doing this for free since the 1980's - yet you imply that I'm getting paid to ignore you.  Must be terrible to be so paranoid. 

I have been a prolific helper with BSOD's since around 2006 - and have one of the largest web presences of any user-level BSOD analyst.  All of whom dedicate their time selflessly to help others - for free.  To bad you don't bother to know enough to understand the online communities, nor the concept of helping others just because one can.

I am 65 years old and partially blind.  Recently I was unable to see well enough to do any BSOD work at all.  Even though I'm becoming frail and losing my sight, I still struggle to help as many people as I am able.  Yet you have to be abusive towards me.

I would really like to start assisting with Windows 7 again - just so I can refuse to help you.

But, as I won't do that to deserving people, instead I've blocked you.............

Edited by usasma, 16 July 2017 - 03:42 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

Well said.

#6 Gibson295

Gibson295
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Need a napkin for those tears? Didn't read the part where it said "thanks anyways"
Ofc not. And was i supposed to just assume that you were suffering from all the conditions you spoke of?
Seriously? I Wasn't even upset with you for not helping. But whatever You've pinched a nerve, typical old guy hating on the new generation.

You know i'd sooner have an understanding for myself then make assumptions thinking i understand others. Thinking i'm paranoid.

Go ahead and block me, Typical Old Man response who doesn't like it when the new generation contradicts his ignorance.

Wasted my time here.

Edited by Gibson295, 16 July 2017 - 05:23 PM.

#7 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Need a napkin for those tears? Didn't read the part where it said "thanks anyways"
Ofc not. And was i supposed to just assume that you were suffering from all the conditions you spoke of?
Seriously? I Wasn't even upset with you for not helping. But whatever You've pinched a nerve, typical old guy hating on the new generation.

You know i'd sooner have an understanding for myself then make assumptions thinking i understand others. Thinking i'm paranoid.

Go ahead and block me, Typical Old Man response who doesn't like it when the new generation contradicts his ignorance.

Wasted my time here.

Typical Dick Response from someone who didn't get their way.

#8 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Hi

I think some people need to be reminded of the forum rules.

• There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.  This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate suspension.

• There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments.

I am closing this thread, If you want it re opened please contact a moderator.

Regards

Nick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users