Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help removing an unremoveable application.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SkyVongolaPrimo

SkyVongolaPrimo

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

Im not sure if im infected...The application's name is 360chrome, its a chinese application.

I didnt install this application into this pc. This application is installed by my cousin who owned a pc shop. I ordered the pc part from him and after that he helped me to install everything. Since he and i are both Chinese, he installed some Chinese application into my pc.

At first, i can see the 360chrome app in the "control panel remove app" window. But i didnt uninstall it right away. I decided to run some virus scan on my pc first. I scanned my pc with Bitdefender, ADWcleaner, Junkware removal, MalwareByte and CCleaner, i downloaded all this myself on bleeping computer. After scan finished, i decided to uninstall the 360chrome app, so i went into "control panel remove app" window. I CANT find the 360chrome anymore. I still can locate the 360chrome file by using the "open file location" on the shortcut 360chrome, but i cant find it myself, i get lost when i went to user and cant find the appdata. Its store inside appdata, i checked this by "open file location"

Should i just simply delete the folder by using "open file location"? But i havent uninstall it... Or how??? Pls help

Edited by SkyVongolaPrimo, 15 July 2017 - 06:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

See this page. It should be shown in your Add/Remove programs. Open Run and type in 

"C:\users\<your name>\appdata\local\360Chrome\Chrome\Application\6.0.0.420\Installer\setup.exe" --uninstall

Your version may be different. I would first remove the program from Task Scheduler and the Windows Firewall.

The company that distributes this browser is Qihoo which has a good support staff. I would contact them if the above does not work.

Are you using 360 Total Security for a AV?

#3 SkyVongolaPrimo

SkyVongolaPrimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

See this page. It should be shown in your Add/Remove programs. Open Run and type in 

"C:\users\<your name>\appdata\local\360Chrome\Chrome\Application\6.0.0.420\Installer\setup.exe" --uninstall

Your version may be different. I would first remove the program from Task Scheduler and the Windows Firewall.

The company that distributes this browser is Qihoo which has a good support staff. I would contact them if the above does not work.

Are you using 360 Total Security for a AV?

I get lost after the User, i dont have a name on this pc yet, so i cant find the appdata. I used the "open file location" amd located the "setup.exe". But when i open it, nothing happened, i tried run as adminstrator, nothing happened too.

Im not using the 360 Total Security, im using BitDefender.

#4 SkyVongolaPrimo

SkyVongolaPrimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

But how come my malwarebyte block the 360chrome when i open the browser??

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

It may be a false positive. App data is a hidden file so you will need to enable hidden files in explorer. Once hidden files is shown browse through every user in the USER folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

#6 SkyVongolaPrimo

SkyVongolaPrimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

Alright, so whats next? I couldnt open the "setup.exe".
Just asking, if the application isnt showing up on "control panel remove program", does that mean that app is no longer installed?

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

If you found the setup folder you don't want to open setup. Open a command prompt in the folder that has the setup.exe file and type

setup.exe --uninstall   It's possible is could also be setup uninstall without the dashes

Does it uninstall? 

It may or may not be uninstalled if not listed in uninstall programs. One thing you can try if the uninstall command does not work is to download and install Revo Uninstaller Pro which is free for 30 days. Reinstall 360Chrome and use the Real Time Monitor feature of Revo to make a log of what is changed. Then use the Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces. 

#8 SkyVongolaPrimo

SkyVongolaPrimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

If you found the setup folder you dont want to open setup. Open a command prompt in the folder that has the setup.exe file and type

setup.exe --uninstall   It's possible is could also be setup uninstall without the dashes
I want to open the "setup.exe" but when i double click it, nothing happens.
Erm...do you mind explain a bit the "open a command prompt in the folder that has the setup.exe file"? How do i do this?

Edited by SkyVongolaPrimo, 15 July 2017 - 09:07 PM.

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

You can either open an elevated command prompt by typing CMD in the Search Box, right click and select Run As Administrator.

Use commands to get to 

C:\users\<your name>\appdata\local\360Chrome\Chrome\Application\<your version number>\Installer\ 

You would start by using using the following command

cd C:\

to get to a C:\ prompt then use the cd command to get to the Installer folder

cd users\<your name>\appdata\local\360Chrome\Chrome\Application\<your version number>\Installer\ 

then execute the command of 

setup.exe --uninstall or setup.exe uninstall

An easier way to do it is by adding the registry file here. Use #2 Add_Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator.reg 

Browse to the Installer folder with the setup.exe file. Right click and select Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator in the context menu.

At the prompt type

setup.exe --uninstall  or if that does not work setup.exe uninstall

If you still have a problem then use Revo Uninstaller as I posted.

#10 SkyVongolaPrimo

SkyVongolaPrimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

Sorry for late reply, im not sure if i did it wrong but it doesnt work. Anyway, im trying the revo program. But one thing, how do i reinstall the 360chrome when i click the setup.exe it doesnt want to open? And i have got all the 360chrome file now, will there be 2 copy of same files if i reinstall?

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

I think the reinstall will overwrite anything that is currently installed. You will not get a copy of the  install files. You can download 360Chrome here. It may be better to contact Qihoo support. They may provide instructions on how to remove it.

#12 Pimptech

Pimptech

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:19 AM

Probably it will overwrite. Try to run as administrator. Right click "Run as Administrator".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users