Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new pc stuttering after 5 days

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Matt_Osiris

Matt_Osiris

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

First I post specs from speccy since it's the only way I know how

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 7100 @ 3.90GHz 30 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (16-16-16-39)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H110M-A/M.2 (LGA1151) 28 °C
Graphics
SANYO-TV (1360x768@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (MSI) 23 °C
Storage
931GB APPLE HDD ST1000DM003 (SATA) 24 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS124 F
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

I just bought this pc and had a professional put the parts together so it would work right, and I enjoyed the first 4 days of my pc. But sometime on the 5th day I had it I started noticing that when I'm playing music or a game theres occasional stutters, and it makes my mouse seem to jump forward like lag and makes a robotic distortion noise in the audio of either the game or the music. It happens whether I am only using browser or gaming or whatever. This is driving me insane cause I have no way to replace the hardware and I don't know how I could have broke anything with in 5 days. I had a gaming laptop for 3 years before it decided to give up... 

Things I had installed before it happened were the creator update for windows, cyberghost vpn, many steam games, and a emulator for android. Also had changed some settings for nvidia and personalization

Things I've tried to fix it (results seem to be after a while it starts stuttering no matter what): uninstalled cyberghost, checking disk health with crystaldisk, running chk disk, unplugging all usb devices and replugging in, checking drivers in device manager, factory reset, installing other sound drivers, resetting control panel settings to default for nvidia, running the windows memory test tool, probably more i forget. 

I doubt it is a sound only issue as everytime i hear the noise my mouse will skip a bit too some of the times it happens or maybe all hard to tell. I still get high fps in my games and stable fps except for the stutters... 

Another thing i've noticed(only in resident evil 6 so far since i haven't had much time to test games) before the stuttering started there was no sync issues but now in cut-scenes the sound of the cut-scenes is ahead of the lip movement and subtitles/video i dont know if they are related but they could be

I don't remember anything else but if someone can help I am willing to answer any questions and if you need more info just tell me what you need cause I don't know... please help, i can play the game fine its just the stutter is so annoying to listen to, i don't really care that it makes the screen stutter for a second but the desync in cutscenes is annoying too, btw i say second but its more like .2 seconds.

another note is i have checked the temperatures of stuff with speccy and nothing seems too high when running a cpu intensive game and also i have all my fans set to turbo so they run on high speed when temps get up

Edited by Matt_Osiris, 14 July 2017 - 10:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

After only 5 days...I would take it back to the professional and have him fix it.

#3 Matt_Osiris

Matt_Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:33 PM

i would like to but its hard for me to even figure out the cause of the issue.... i cant just go and say give me replacement parts since i paid for all the parts seperate

After only 5 days...I would take it back to the professional and have him fix it.

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

i would like to but its hard for me to even figure out the cause of the issue.... i cant just go and say give me replacement parts since i paid for all the parts seperate

He built the system, so he should guarantee his work. It's his job to figure it out.

You said, "I just bought this pc and had a professional put the parts together so it would work right"

It doesn't.

#5 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:25 AM

What in the heck why that hard drive being listed as a apple drive?

Hackentosh much?

Edited by MadmanRB, 15 July 2017 - 12:25 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#6 Matt_Osiris

Matt_Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

its a windows pc.... i just picked the parts on the site and then let them make it for me, i just want to figure out how to fix whats wrong myself so i dont have to deal with mailing this giant tower

#7 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:49 AM

Do you know if the hard drive was pre-owned? If you did choose the parts that would be the part I would be starting with

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#8 Matt_Osiris

Matt_Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:51 AM

no all parts are new and the crystal disk says that the hard drive is in good health. i dont know about the parts names just the size or speed.... like the harddrive says 930gb total

#9 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:53 AM

I had to ask as I never saw that happen before LOL with the hard drive being labeled as a Apple One it's actually quite funny. But I do have another question for you where is the computer located? Is it underneath your desk or something? I'm wondering if it's a airflow problem.

Edited by MadmanRB, 15 July 2017 - 12:54 AM.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#10 Matt_Osiris

Matt_Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:54 AM

its on top of my desk with the side fan facing outwards away from the desk and then it has a fan on top and behind

i can take a picture of my desk or the case if it helps... im only kinda good at software and very bad about hardware except knowing which speeds or size is good , mostly i just bought this just like a gamer would buy an xbox, to game on. which means you buy a new console or system and expect to be able to game a long time without issue

Edited by Matt_Osiris, 15 July 2017 - 12:56 AM.

#11 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:55 AM

Got it, did you install any drivers or anything like that?

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#12 Matt_Osiris

Matt_Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:59 AM

i saw the cpuz link in your signature so i went to the site and did that so it will show more info about my system... here it is https://valid.x86.fr/3b85ay

#13 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:02 AM

It does seem like you're running a little bit of warm though, were you gaming?

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#14 Matt_Osiris

Matt_Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

ive installed all the drivers i could think of.... its really hard to tell whether im missing one or not cause like i said i just wanna listen to music and game without the stuttering, i dont care about the screen/mouse lag from the stutter only the audio distortion/ out of sync cutscenes, like i said it didnt happen until i had the pc for 5 days

#15 Matt_Osiris

Matt_Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

i was a bit ago, and i think i saw in the power settings that the cpu state was set to always 100%.. i dont think my pc gets much warmer than this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users