I recently bought a new PC (about 3 weeks ago). I've had BSODs since day 1. The PC was put together as a standard package deal from a PC parts retailer.
Most BSODs occur playing Overwatch, however it has crashed without Overwatch running. I've tried to find the problem with WhoCrashed Pro edition (what a waste of money), BlueScreenView and Windbg. I don't have enough knowledge to use Windbg
I reinstalled Windows and have removed or stopped suspected apps (Logitech Gaming for example). I often get a loud buzzing from headphones when the crash occurs - maybe a sound driver problem?
I've run MemTest86 twice for a total of 5 passes, and I've run verifier for all non-MS drivers.
System Manufacturer: NA - package deal from PC parts shop (MSY in Sydney AUS)
Exact model number - components list:
AMD YD1600BBAEBOX Ryzen 5 1600 3.2Ghz/6 Core/19M/65W AM4 Boxed CPU (With Cooler) 1
- OS: Windows 10 Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.483)
- x64 (64-bit)
- What was original installed OS on system? No, I reinstalled (twice)
- Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version. Full retail
- Age of the computer: 3 weeks
- Age of OS installation - and whether you have re-installed the OS: Can't remember but about 2 weeks ago was the latest install of OS
- Desktop computer
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
- MotherBoard: see components list above
I have the OS on the SSD - so C: is SSD, D: is HDD.
Any help would be very very much appreciated.
Let me know if you need any more info.