Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG reported trojan horse FakeAV.AuQD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 mutts111

mutts111

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

There was a windows update (or so I thought) and it took a long time.  When it rebooted, I got a warning that I had trojan horse FakeAV.AuQD.  AVG could not remobe it.  It said it was located in C:/windows.system32.runtimebroker.exe and avg couldn't delete the file. 

It did a complete scan with avg and it found 30 items.  There were a 5 trojans and a variety of corresponding registry keys.  AVG says it deleted them.

When I rebooted and rescaned they were back.  How do I get rid of them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

Start a new thread in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

Please read the Preparation Guide before proceeding.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

#3 JoshRoss

JoshRoss

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

Trojans and other malware can lodge itself into Windows quite extensively. Which can cause issues if you want to remove it. The following steps should help you sort out the majority of issues.

1. Restart the PC in "safe mode with networking"
2. Check your programs and uninstall any suspicious ones you do not recognize.
3. Install any popular antivirus and do a quick scan (Majority of the providers do have free versions of their software). Or just use Windows Defender. It works really well in most cases.
4. Install and scan your PC with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.
5. Restart PC in normal mode and do another quick scan with Malwarebytes.

That usually removes issues related to malware. Hopefully, this helps you solve the issue! Let me know.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

Now that your log is posted and replied too I am closing this topic.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users