Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RAM Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 g0rdn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

Hello everyone! I am about to upgrade my computer, and I want to double check if this type of ram supports my computer, I have provided some pictures on the RAM and my computer info. I am not really good at this type of computer stuff.

Attached File  Screenshot_3.png   22.8KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot_4.png   249.47KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

Try this, my friend.:)

#3 The-Toolman

• Members
  • 951 posts
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

It's always best to fall back on the manufacture system specs as to the type of memory and speed of memory is supported by your particular motherboard.

It's true that most ram is backward compatible and may work but that isn't always the case.

Somewhere on your desktop computer is a model number and system tag go to the manufactures website and see what support information is available about the type of memory that your desktop computer supports.

Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something. [Thomas Edison]

Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus (64bit) / Dell Optiplex 360 (11/28/2008) / Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6300 Conroe (1.86 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 2M Cache, LGA 775 Socket) / DDR2 Memory 4.0 GB, 800 MHz FSB / Intel 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller

#4 britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,553 posts
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

I agree with the advice you've received.   I have used the Crucial System Scanner to determine compatible memory type, maximum capacity for the system, and how many slots I have and what memory they have in them, if any.

It has never failed me.  You do not, of course, have to buy Crucial brand memory.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users