Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chassis Intrusion Switch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SorcererKnight

SorcererKnight

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Hello,

I am having an issue with an Asus BT1AG that one of my coworkers uses. When she turns the computer on first thing in the morning she is given a POST screen that says that it's detected a Chassis Intrusion and prevents the computer from booting, but if she does a hard reset then it boots fine.

I've done previous searches on this subject, but haven't found an answer for this particular Asus model. I've seen it mentioned that there should either be an option in the Bios to turn the feature off, or can be turned off by a jumper or a spring-loaded switch on the mobo; I have yet to find any of these.

What I ask is: Can someone point me in the right direction for this computer to turn this feature off either physically or through the bios?

if it helps the Bios is asus' UEFI bios and I will post a picture of what the post screen looks like.

Help would be much appreciated!

-SK

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2053573/chassis-intruded-fatal-error-system-halted.html

#3 SorcererKnight

SorcererKnight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

Update

I found a fix for this problem, at least with the ASUS BT1AG.

I was able to find the button that sends the signal to the Mobo that throws the Chassis Intrusion error, it is the little silver button next to the case screw. I put a small piece of mounting putty over the switch and then shut the case and made sure it was pressed well up against the switch.

When my coworker booted up her computer this morning the error didn't appear.

This topic can be closed.

-SK

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,565 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

Glad you resolved it.

We don't typically close topics in this forum. 

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users